We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

working in Milwaukee 24 sep

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
naples florida
2 posts
Save Topic
working in Milwaukee 24 sep

Hi I am working in Milwaukee on 24 sep but am not flying home until the 26th Would love to know what areas of interest there are to photograph near to the Brookfield area in particular scenery that I do not see in Florida.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: working in Milwaukee 24 sep

A lot of people like to visit and photograph the Holy Hill Shrine & Church in Hubertus. It's a large church sitting on top of a tall hill. They have a website for more info & maps too. It's about 30 miles north of Milwaukee though.

Are you interested in nature/trees or architecture?

naples florida
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: working in Milwaukee 24 sep

I actually photograph architecture and corporate events for a living. Would love to see some nature

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: working in Milwaukee 24 sep

I live in Brookfield now and there are a lot of trees around here. We have a lot of maple, oak and pine trees. If you're lucky, you might be able to photograph some yellow, orange or red trees. Usually Sept 24 is a bit early for color but we had a very dry summer so some of the trees are already starting to change colors.

If you're willing to drive a little ways, you might want to check out some of the state parks or state trails. Lapham Peak park has a tower you can climb and it's pretty much in the middle of trees. Kettle Moraine is a scenic drive through trees and areas affected by the glaciers.

If you're interested in seeing migrating Canadian geese and other waterfowl, you might want to drive to Horicon Marsh State Wildlife area near Beaver Dam.

You can find more info about the State parks/trails/wildlife areas on the State website. http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/parks/

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,265 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: working in Milwaukee 24 sep

I agree that Laphma Peak State Park might be nice. it is in a very hilly area,might be a nice change for a Floridian. there are alos some scenic lakes near Lapham like Nagawicka and Pewaukee that would provide nice photo opps.

If you want to stay in the city go to the Milwaukee lakefront. The Calatrava addition to the Milwaukee Art Museum is easily the most photographed building in town. Going north from downtown along Lake Michigan is very scenic, all parks and many nice areas to photograph.