We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anniversary weekend

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oak Lawn Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
anniversary weekend

My husband and I are considering coming to Milwaukee for an anniversary weekend.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good food(seafood or steak type places).

Also we are very active so I would like to know about any outdoor activities available(September 23 and 24th are the dates we will be there.

We also enjoy comedy clubs and bars-any suggestions?(we are in our 30's if that makes a difference)

ONe last thing is we want a nice affordable hotel. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,265 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anniversary weekend

Let's start with the hotels. Staying downtown is nice, but for affordable you might want to look at hotels near the airport. Milwaukee is very easy to get around, so you would only be 20 minutes from anywhere. There is a Hampton Inn, Country Inn, many chain hotels, so you should be able to find something in your price range. Since I don't exactly know what you mean by affordable you could also try the Hospitality Inn which has suties with jacuzzis, probably more affordable than most.

Milwaaukee has lots of good restaurants. The Milwaukee Chop House, Mo's and Coerper's are some of the best steakhouses.

For outdoor activities you can stroll or rent bikes along the lakefront. The Milwaukee zoo is very nice, not as big as Brookfied, but very nice. There are many other parks and you can easily get to the countryside if you want a more rural outdoor experience.

Check www.onmilwaukee.com for activities and other suggestions for things going on that weekend. Maybe the Brewers are in town too.

Lost
Level Contributor
773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anniversary weekend

Try Moceans for the best seafood. Any Mo's restaurant would be your best bet.

surrounded by angels
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: anniversary weekend

Rock Bottom is supposed to have some good food also.