We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachloer party in Milwaukee

houston
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Bachloer party in Milwaukee

I wrote a few months ago inquiring what to do while in town. We will be in town from 9/8-9/11, we are planing on going to the Astros game on saturday, but are wide open the rest of the time. We like dive bars, nothing fancy just coolplaces to hang out and drink some cold beer. I want to enjoy some local beer, something I cant get here in Houston. I also herad something abouth Ocktoberfest going on while we are there, we will be staying at the Windham Milwaukee Center to be close to Water Street.

Thanks

milwaukee, wi
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachloer party in Milwaukee

You can bar hop on Water Street. Wolski's on the east side is your typical "corner" bar. You can check out North Avenue on the east side and also Brady Street, although these tend to be a little more trendy. If you want local beer, try Water Street Brewery, Lakefront Brewery or Milwaukee Ale House. Another thing you might want to check out is Indian Summer at the lakefront (www.indiansummer.org). Hope this helps.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,636 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachloer party in Milwaukee

Make sure you hit Rosie's on Water. It is about the most low key bar in our little Water Street nightclub section.

You might like Mamie's on Friday night. It is a little dive at 33rd and National Av, not far from Miller Park. They have live, local Blues bands on Friday, no cover charge and cheap beer. The crowd is 100% blue collar Milwaukee, all shapes, sizes and colors. A cool place to hang out.

Make sure you have a Leinenkugels (Leinnie's) beer while you are in Milwaukee. They serve it at a lot of bars.

Also check the Shephard Express, local newpaper for things going on that weekend. I think their website is shepherdexpress.com.

surrounded by angels
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachloer party in Milwaukee

another option would be Walker's Point... that is about 5 minutes south of downtown, you can take Water Street to get there.. just go south to National Ave. Stenie's, Timer's, and a couple of other good bars there..

Just stay out of Le Cage...LOL That is one of the gay bars in Walker's Point.