We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay if we want to do some brewery tours...

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay if we want to do some brewery tours...

I am planning on coming to MIlwaukee this weekend or one soon. We want to do some brewery tours, Lakefront, Sprecher, or MIller. Can someone please give me some suggestions on places to stay nearby so that we can walk or take a cheap cab to the brewery or breweries. I am not too familiar with the area so specificity would be much appreciated. Thanks....

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,927 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay if we want to do some brewery tours...

Lakefront Brewery is close to downtown, so any of the donwtown hotels would be a short taxi ride. It would be a pretty long walk though. I do not believe any hotels are a convenient walk, nor are there any hotels that are walking distance to Miller Brewery.

Sprecher is pretty far north of downtown and would be an expensive cab ride.

July and August are very busy months in Milwaukee with weekend festivals, so you may have a hard time finding available hotel rooms some weekends and if they are available they will probably be pricey.

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
530 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay if we want to do some brewery tours...

Don't know availability but the Ambassador isn't by the breweries, but does have free parking and a shuttle to downtown areas. Not really safe to walk around immediate area.

Also County Clare is a pub that also has lodging. Fun places nearby to walk to then take a cab or drive to breweries.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
626 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay if we want to do some brewery tours...

you could easily walk to Lakefront Brewery via Water Street. About a 10 to 15 minute walk from the Intercontinental, Hyatt or Hilton. Taxis will get you there just as easily. Milwaukee folk are not known for walking, but it's doable and would be a pleasant walk. If you are a biker, you could also bring your bicycles to Milwaukee - a great and underrated way to get around. Hotel Metro lends bikes to their customers.

Cab it to Miller, and drive up to Sprecher. I would recommend doing the Saturday brewery tour cruise via the Brew City Queen pontoon boat - which hits Lakefront, Rock Bottom, and Milwaukee Ale House.

When you leave Lakefront, have them tell you how to get to Good Life - a fun Caribbean themed bar with a river patio - just down the river from Lakefront.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
626 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay if we want to do some brewery tours...

oh also - I would recommend coming next weekend - it's Festa Italiana at the Lakefront, and Brewers and San Fran at the ball park. Otherwise July 27th is Germanfest weekend.

You could also come opening weekend of State Fair, Aug 2nd and 3rd, and hit up their Wisconsin MicroBrews tent!

5. Re: Where to stay if we want to do some brewery tours...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, September 05, 2009