We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Express Ferry

Davison, Michigan
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Express Ferry

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there are ever any discounted rates or coupons for the Lake Express Ferry. I am planning a trip to visit friends in the Milwaukee area and thought the Ferry would be fun, but it seems awfully expensive. I thought about renting a car instead of bringing our car with us, but my kids are 5, 4, and 2 and between the rental cost and the cost for 3 car seats it ends up being as much as just bringing the car.

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Express Ferry

I've taken it several times and never noticed any discounts, although I didn't look too hard. They did have a frequent traveler program that offerred a discount after a certain amount of trips. It seems to be priced to save time more than money, and avoid driving through Chicago. It is cheaper than flying to somewhere like Grand Rapids and then renting a car. Most of the travellers seemed like business people when I took it. It was generally pleasant and well executed, although I had one crossing that was extremely rough late last season.

2. Re: Lake Express Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:29 am, August 28, 2009