We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Geneva WI Wedding

Which Lake Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Lake Geneva WI Wedding

Has anyone ever been to a (or had their own) wedding reception at one of the larger resorts in Lake Geneva (Grand, Abbey, etc)? I am considering LG as a possible location for my 2007 wedding. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Chicago,IL
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Geneva WI Wedding

Grand Geneva, Geneva National, ect are very overpriced, they are not in Lake Geneva at all so getting to the event is a 'challange'.

The best places are City of LakeGeneva's Riveria or Horticultual Hall, but are very classy and centrally located

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Geneva WI Wedding

I agree with the previous poster. We had been at a wedding at Geneva National and it was terrible. Very pretentious and the worst service I've ever encountered at a wedding. We got our food 2 1/2 hours after the wedding party. I think they had 3 waitresses for 300 people. Tiny, portable bars which resulted in huge waits for a drink.

My brother had his reception at the Horticultural Hall and it was wonderful.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Geneva WI Wedding

Sorry, me again. The Riviera is nice too but I believe you either have to be a resident of Lake Geneva to rent it or if I'm wrong on that I think they hit you up pretty hard for it-my sister-in-law's best friend had her reception there and I recall something to that effect.

If you're not having a big wedding, the best reception I ever attended was actually on one of the boats.

Lake Geneva, Wi
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Geneva WI Wedding

The Riveria is very nice and you do not need to be a resident of Lake geneva to book...but the waiting for Friday or Saturday evening weddings can be a challenge...it is located right downtown Lake Geneva, the location is wonderful and the hall is beautiful, right on the Geneva Lake shorefront...

Debi Nelson

www.thenautical.biz

Milwaukee
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Geneva WI Wedding

First, can I just say I'm so glad I found this site. I am having my wedding at the Riviera on a Friday 7/07 and I am very excited. I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. My fiance and I live in Milwaukee and we are planning on having a large wedding. I too looked at all the resorts but they are way overpriced and too stuffy for us. I do have several concerns about having our wedding in Lake Geneva however. For the most part, no one will return my phone calls. The wedding planner, caterers, hotels, etc. It is very discouraging and frustrating. Also, I cannot seem to get any help in regards to the reception place itself (how it usually works) as there is no one that deals specifically with the Riviera. It would be nice to have a contact person. Another big concern is we cannot find a place to actually get married. If you're not having your reception at any of the resorts, there isn't a good place to have an outdoor ceremony. Not sure if this was a help to mls1 but, I selfishly wanted to see if anyone could help me out too!

Chicago
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Geneva WI Wedding

You should try calling on Kirsches I think they do catering and also they have place to do a wedding ceremonie.

Try calling or emailing Carvetti's in Lake Geneva. I know they do alot of Bachelorette Parties and also big & small rehersal dinners but I am not sure on catering. Its also a good place to go to after the reception is over if people want to still hang out drink and dance. Nice DJ & light show there.

Try calling the chamber of commerce there for ideas on places for ceremonies.

Also I think that depending on your menu you might want to call celebrations they are good.

chicago
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Geneva WI Wedding

Did you try the Cove?? But what you need to really do is have it at the Riviera. It is without a doubt the best place to have it. Was just there last month and it was beautiful. The food was catered and we had to be out by midnight which was fine. We all ended up at Carvetti's a nightclub a few blocks away for drinks and more fun and dancing. The bride and groom were there as well and they actually had them dancing to their wedding song right on the dance floor while all these lazer lights and foggers are going off. I was a blast and the city is so pretty that time of year.

Waterford, WI
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake Geneva WI Wedding

I've done receptions at Grand Geneva, Many Options and room sizes to choose from.

Lake Lawn is also nice, easy to work with.

Also Gilbert's in Lake Geneva is another place to check out, they even do lake cruise events!

Any questions give me a call

Burt Robertson

Mega Music DJ Services

www.mega-music.us

9. Re: Lake Geneva WI Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, September 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lake Geneva