We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip to Lake Geneva in August 2007

Which Lake Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego Ca.
1 post
Save Topic
Planning a trip to Lake Geneva in August 2007

Hi , My name is Kimmie and my Siblings and I are planning a "Family Reunion" to Lake Geneva Wi. in August of next year. There's approx. 70 of us and I was wondering if ANYONE had any GREAT places we should be checking out (for lodging, accomodations) that WILL be able to accomodate a SUPERSIZED group such as Ours... It was a FAVORITE Summer getaway , (We LIVED IN Chicago) when we were young children (Our folks had a "summer cabin" AND our Grandparents lived there year round "SUNSET HILLS AREA" .ALSO if anyone knows of any LOCAL Galas or Events we would'nt want to miss AUG. 12TH THRU AUG. 17TH 2007 OR any "MUST SEE'S" while were there PLEASE let me know. None of us have been there in EONS! AND, One more question, Whats the weather like there in August ? Buggy? H20 to cold to enjoy? ANY info would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks for listening,

Kimmie

chicago,illinois
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip to Lake Geneva in August 2007

The water is perect in august. there usually is Venetianfest going on that time of year so you'll get a great carnival down on the lalefront. The cove is a great spot to have a family reunion because its reasonable and right on the water and near downtown.

Also has indoor & outdoor waterparks

As for a place to have the party i would recommend either Grand Geneva which is a little pricey but nice or Carvetti's which is where we did our family pig roast and we had about 85 people. We were able to reserve the entire outdoor patio and volleyball court so everyone had enough room. They organized a Baggo game for us and a few games for the kids like potato sack races and stuff. Prices we good and food was excellent.