We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night life in Lake Geneva

Joliet, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Night life in Lake Geneva

I am planning a friends 50th birthday party in April. She is not your typical 50 yo (acts 35!) It's going to be a group of maybe 10 girls (in their 30's). i was thinking of staying at the Grand Resort, have a full day at the spa, maybe hit the sugar shack. We love to dance, and was wondering what the fun bars are. We will be staying over on a Saturday night. Suggestions?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night life in Lake Geneva

lakegenevabacheloretteparty.com/places-to-pa… maybe this link will be helpful, sorry no personal experience here just a link with some good descriptions. No it's not a bachelorette party but they still may be helpful just in general.

illinois
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Night life in Lake Geneva

I just stayed at the grand geneva over the weekend and right on property they have a lounge "club" called evolve. I'm 30 and had a blast danced until 2am! And when you are done just walk too your room.

Twin Lakes...
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night life in Lake Geneva

Ten ladies would definitely have some giggles, most embarrassing, if you made a trip over to the Sugar Shack. You'd need either a designated driver or see what the Grand recommends for transportation tho. it's a few miles away and drinks are strong.I believe the cover is still $25.00 and that includes one drink. Be sure to bring a lot of singles. Supposedly all these gorgeous guys are working their way thru college ha ha.

The only bar on that bachelorette link that I think fits the dancing bill would be Hogs and Kisses. It's downtown, about a mile from the Grand.It get hopping on wkends. I think the clientelle is very young, but I'm in my late 50's so everybody looks young to me. lol

If everyone doesn't care to do the spa thing, Village Gourmet downtown has a free wine tasting every Sat afternoon and picking up a couple bottles of wine to start the evening might not be a bad idea.

I've had drinks numerous times out at the Grand but never been to the club mentioned. It definitely sounds like the best way to end the evening.

Have fun. With 10 ladies, how could you not?

IL
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night life in Lake Geneva

My group of gal-pals ranges from ages 35-55 (I'm the youngest!). Since we live only a few hours away from Lake Geneva, we have taken a few ladies' weekends there, and every one has included a visit to the Sugar Shack. You just have to do it. ;) Take a cab and lots of singles. Be prepared to be embarrassed a little and laugh a lot...it's a great ab work-out, lol. Take some extra cash because, at the end of the show, your alcohol-soaked mind and friends will make you want to buy an over-priced t-shirt that all the guys will sign. So much fun!

5. Re: Night life in Lake Geneva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Lake Geneva