We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Geneva in the fall

Which Lake Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
madison wi
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Geneva in the fall

What is Lake Geneva like in the fall ie after labor day ? Does the town shut down?

Twin Lakes...
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Geneva in the fall

The fall, Sept and Oct ,are actually busier than June (before the Chicago schools are out) We have the beautiful foliage around the lake to thank for that. The only thing that shuts down is the beach and outdoor pools. Octoberfest is usually the first wkend in Oct and one of the very busiest wkends of the year.Things really don't die off til November, even then most stores and restaurants till open.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
507 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Geneva in the fall

Fall also brings apple picking and pumpkin patches in the many orchards around Lake Geneva. Some of the area restaurants also gear their menus to area harvests that take place on farms in the area. I would say it is less crowded than during the summer, but certainly nothing in Lake Geneva or the surrounding areas shut down.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Geneva in the fall

Lake Geneva is beautiful in Fall and it's a great time to come. www.thedancinghorses.com/LakeGeneva.aspxj this place intrigues me, we haven't been but it sounds interesting.

The Mail boat tour is great but ends mid September www.cruiselakegeneva.com/walworthmb.php

You can walk all the way around the lake on the trail (long loop) and see all the homes and colors along the way. tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60022-d28…

Edited: 1:07 pm, January 04, 2013
madison wi
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Geneva in the fall

Thank you for your responses. I think a fall trip to lake Geneva is what I am looking for.

5. Re: Lake Geneva in the fall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, January 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Lake Geneva