We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Geneva, Interlaken, or Abbey in April

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Grand Geneva, Interlaken, or Abbey in April

Hi, I will be spending a Mom/Daughter weekend in April with my 24 yr old daughter.We need help deciding between the 3 resorts. We want to be able to shop in town during the day & maybe swim or spa. We are also big Coffee girls. We would like to have restaurants in the resort as well. I have seen the sites pictures but they don't really show what is available & what the inside of the resorts have. Please help!!

thank you.........

Chicago, IL
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Geneva, Interlaken, or Abbey in April

Hi, I've been to the interlaken twice and the Abbey once. I went to the interlaken with my friend and we kind of had a girls spa weekend. It was great. I was thrown off at first, because the spa was small, but I guarantee you the service was excellent!! We were both pleasantly surprised and for the price, it was the best. The restaurant was small and delicious. I have friends who've been to the Grand Geneva, also to rave reviews. If you're looking for something a little bigger, that seems to be the place. The Abbey was nice as well, the spa was much bigger as well and the rooms were nicer. Actually, I don't think you'll go wrong with any, only that the Abbey is waaaay on the other side of the lake and not close to downtown Lake Geneva at all. Hope this was helpful.

Chicago, Il
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Geneva, Interlaken, or Abbey in April

I have been to all these resorts and the Abbey is by far the nicest of all since it was refurbished last fall. The place is exquisite and the prices are good. They have a great spa with good prices, a Starbucks coffee shop, a sweet shop, a clothing store,3 restaurants, a bar, a cocktail lounge,etc. The staff is very friendly and I would highly recommend this choice. It's only a few scenic miles drive from downtown Lake Geneva.

3. Re: Grand Geneva, Interlaken, or Abbey in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:10 am, March 29, 2006
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Geneva, Interlaken, or Abbey in April

My daughter and son-in-law just returned from a weekend getaway to the Abbey Resort. They have travelled extensively and stayed in many nice places, but they said their weekend was the best and most relaxing mini-trip they have ever taken. They intend to make it a regular part of their R&R!

Some of their comments: Nicely decorated rooms, GREAT beds, decent restaurants, entertaining combo in the nightclub/bar, delightful spa with adults only pool (also one for families, but separate). They had a wonderful time. I believe there is also a shuttle from the resort to downtown Lake Geneva.

Get answers to your questions about Lake Geneva