We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timber Ridge vs. the Dells

Indiana
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Timber Ridge vs. the Dells

We're looking to take a mini vacation with our three year old to an indoor waterpark. I've been to Lake Geneva many times but never to Timber Ridge. I've figured that it will be almost $500 for a 2 bedroom suite here. Plus money on food and we'd like to check out the sledding at the Grand Geneva resort. Never been there either. My question: is Timber worth it? Or should I save the money and get a room in the dells, which we've been to many times as well. We just didn't want to drive 4 to 5 hours for a two night stay. We're looking for a big, clean room with lots of family activities. Any help would be appreciated!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
519 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timber Ridge vs. the Dells

If you regularly go to the Dells for waterparks, you may be disappointed in the size of the one at Timber Ridge. It is much smaller than those in the Dells and it doesn't have the number or size of slides, rivers, etc. that those in the Dells have. That said, I do think that it would be a fun place for your three year old, but not too exciting for mom/dad, if they are waterpark afficionados! Also, Timber Ridge is on the grounds of Grand Geneva, which would be a plus since you would have access to all of its amenities. Maybe you should read some of the recent reviews for Timber Ridge.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timber Ridge vs. the Dells

there's one in Milwaukee and Waukesha that would be less of a haul. They do have sizes and pictures to give you an idea of this will satisfy your needs for your 3 yr. old/family:

The Springs Waterpark at Country Springs Hotel in Waukesha

countryspringshotel.com/waterpark/index.aspx

…about.com/od/…SpringsWaterpk.htm

one in Madison:

Holiday Inn Crawdaddy Cove Water Park

www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/msnbh

themeparks.about.com/gi/o.htm… (sorry long link)

They have winter weekend specials from $59 per night you can look into that are advertised.

Paradise Landing in Milwaukee:

…about.com/cs/…paradiselanding.htm

http://www.paradiselanding.com/

I think for three years of age ones outside of the Dells would be suitable for that age and still provide enjoyment for the family without all the distance.

Check online for reviews for these places, you may find something cheaper than Timber Ridge yet closer than the Dells. Hope this helps!

Edited: 7:39 pm, February 09, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
519 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timber Ridge vs. the Dells

I had another thought...Key Lime Cove in Gurnee, IL, right off of I-294. www.keylimecove.com Would that be any closer for you? I have not been there, but it looks large from the expressway. Maybe it is worth a look.

Indiana
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timber Ridge vs. the Dells

Thank you for the suggestions, I will definitely check them out!

We're not concerned with the size of the parks, this is more for us to relax and watch our daughter splash in the water.

I have read the reviews for timber ridge and most are good, some had a lot of complaints and a couple of years ago they had some complaints about bed bugs! Hopefully they've got some new management and have cleaned things up since then.

It's just scary trying something new, especially with a little one!

Thanks!

5. Re: Timber Ridge vs. the Dells

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 11, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lake Geneva