We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!!!!!

St. Louis
Level Contributor
93 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Help!!!!!

My husband and I are driving into Green Bay from St. Louis for the game on October 29th. I have read a lot of the posting, but we don't have a hotel yet. We are trying to spend under 150 a night. This is our first game and this is all I wanted for Christmas and my B-day. Any suggestions? Any areas around Green Bay besides Appleton?

Thanks!!

B-day Girl

WI
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!!!!!

What night are you staying? Saturday or sunday night?

You can try the Neenah/Menasha area, which is a little bit south of Appleton so maybe 45 minutes away.

You can also try the Shawano/ Pulaski area.

I'm going to the game also!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
331 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!!!!!

Another idea is Manitowac or Sheboygan, north of Milwaukee, south of Green Bay on Hwy 43 instead of Hwy 41. This close to the game you could try some of the Green Bay hotels to see if they have any last minute availability. Most hotels in Green Bay require a 2 night stay for a Packer home game. Another option would be Door County, which is really nice but about an hour north of Green Bay.

Have fun... Packer games are a blast.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!!!!!

There are also a couple options straight north of Green Bay, on Hwy 41, in Oconto. There is the Ramada, and there is the "Oconto Motel". I know the Motel is small, but it was (historically) well kept up. There are only about 15 rooms, give or take, and it was on the east side of 41 as you were heading into town. (BTW, I grew up in Oconto, and one of my pals' parents owned the motel). The phone number is 920-834-2000. The number for the Ramada is 920-834-5559. It has a pool and the free breakfast and all that.

I'd be more inclined to say that you're going to find a room at the Motel before you'd find one at the Ramada, just because the Ramada is a national chain. But, you never know.

Good luck!