We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snowmobiling

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
snowmobiling

Hi,

I am visiting West Bend,WI till March 17 2013. Is there any place nearby where I can go snowmobiling?

Also, I am from Texas, so what do I need to do to get a license.?

Manek

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snowmobiling

I live quite a ways north of west bend so maybe someone closer can give you info for there but it has been raining here all day and the trails don't look so good. Assuming Around here they may close soon. Got home from a local bar where we saw only 1 sled who braved the rain to get in one last night of riding.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snowmobiling

Thanks for your message, It has been raining here in West Bend as well. Sunburst and Little Switzerland are both closed for the day...What a bummer, would have gone skiing if not snowmobiling...!

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snowmobiling

No license required

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,958 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snowmobiling

if this helps:

http://bigsnowpage.com/

the guy is VERY detailed with his trail updates and snow conditions ... if you're willing to drive about 3-3.5 hrs north to the waubee lodge or possibly wildman's ww ranch, you might be able to get a ride in...

waubeelodge.com/specials/…

www.wildmanranch.com/adventures-Peshtigo.php

midwest riding in march is a bonus---much of the time, the riding season is pretty much over by now.... it kinda sux we lost our beautiful snow, but ya never know........

happy trails and THINK SNOW!!

5. Re: snowmobiling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 14, 2014