We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve road trip

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New Years Eve road trip

Hi,

We have 6, 25 year old guys driving to Green Bay for New Years Eve Weekend. Since there is a home Packers game, we plan on getting tickets.

What are some must do's for us? Where should we stay to be in the best spot for nightlife? Are there any New Years parties that we must go to?

We will spend most of our time drinking at bars, so the best bar scene would be best.

Thanks!

Jeff

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,927 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve road trip

My understanding is hotel rooms are hard to find on any Packer weekend. Combine that with NYE and I think you may be lucky to find anything. Have you checked Expedia or hotels.com to see if any rooms are available?

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve road trip

We will find a place to stay - Just looking for best spots to go once we are there.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
331 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve road trip

Anywhere around the stadium during a Packer home game weekend is crazy fun. You won't have a problem finding something to do. Downtown has some bars, but I would stay by the stadium because that is where everyone will be.

Green Bay/Ashwaubenon is not a large city. You can get from one end to the other in like 20 minutes and there is a bus or cab if you don't want to drive. You will probably have to take whatever you can find for lodging, they book up early and stay booked.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve road trip

For the whole partying for NYE thing, you'll want to stick to either the bars right near Lambeau, or go to downtown Green Bay. Downtown is where a larger group of the bars are. There are two strips of bars, so to say: one of them is along Washington Street, and one along Broadway, on either side of the river. Most bars, wherever you are, will do SOMETHING for NYE, even if it's just hand out hats and noise makers.

Wisconsin...
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve road trip

Get your drinking on in Downtown for NYE, unless you LOVE sports bars(in which case stay by the stadium and go to Stadium View, Anduzzis, The Bar, and the "Mall of Bars") Washington Street has a younger crowd and you can bar hop much easier, especially considering the weather! HA! Last NYE my group and I did Main street and Washington Street. We like to have a drink & shot at each bar so we started at Shenanigans (irish pub) they hand our free stuff like hats and honkers, then went to Cock n Bull (English Pub), then Longshots for shots, Skirtz Lounge (kinda boring), Top Hat for excellent martinis, Speakeasy, and XS Nightclub (kinda hard to find for out of towners, used to be deemed a gay club, but is just a regular club now with a DJ working every second it's open...and it gets packed on NYE!) then it's a bit of a hike to the next string of bars on Washington (maybe get a cab if you can't hack the WI winter) Washington st is home to about 15 bars over 3 blocks. Seriously every other storefront is a bar. And for good reason....we love to drink. There is a pretty nice hotel in DT called Hotel Sierra, changing into a Hyatt soon, a Days Inn for the budget friendly, and St Brendans Inn has rooms, but I'd go there for the bar's atmosphere! Good luck!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,357 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve road trip

I'm assuming you've got tickets already. It not, they'll go for many times face value. DH's ticket for Monday night (regular season one) goes for around $90, guys from TX they were talking to paid $700 for theirs. Same thing with getting a room. There were tips a few weeks ago about finding a room. Often people have to stay 30-60 miles away depending on how quickly they try and find a room. Funny, why is the Green Bay forum getting to busy lately. Hmm, maybe something about that perfect record that some team currently has?

7. Re: New Years Eve road trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, November 17, 2012