We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best sports bar in Green Bay for an away game

Key West
Level Contributor
13 posts
343 reviews
Save Topic
Best sports bar in Green Bay for an away game

My husband and I are coming to Green Bay Oct. 23 for 2 days. We are staying at the Ramada Plaza. We have already done the Lambeau tours which were great. Last year we watched an away game at Curley's. It was nice, but a rather subdued crowd. We want a bit more fun, but possibly not all the action that Stadium View offers. We also were at The Bar and Anduzzi's, but not until after the game. We are over 60 in calendar years, but only about 25 in spirit years. We don't want our ears to bleed. We do want to be with people who enjoy football and aren't afraid to show it. We are looking for a casual fun place to enjoy the game with other enthusiastic Packer fans. Food would be good as well since we may need to drive after the game. If there are any good places near the Ramada, that would be even better. I have been looking online and have a list of almost 15 different sports bars. I need help narrowing it down. Any information you can offer would be appreciated. Go Pack.

ROUND LAKE
Level Contributor
25 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best sports bar in Green Bay for an away game

We are in the same age range as you and enjoy going to Coach's Corner, which is on the property of the Clarion Hotel down town (just recently changed from a Holiday Inn). It is a casual place and they do serve the usual bar food. It is not very close to where you are staying though. The other bars you mentioned would be closer to you.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best sports bar in Green Bay for an away game

Buffalo Wild Wings is pretty popular choice for a game but it gets packed early and can be a little loud.

Legends is very close and they have a good atmosphere, great home brew, and great food. I think there are 3 locations. Their Bloody Marys are awesome!

If you want real Wisconsin like experience, the Drift inn has great burgers!! Not as much class as you can tell from the name. Never been there during a game though, but like everywhere in GB during a game will likely be packed.

Champs is another great choice with lots of Packer memorabilia and a little lower key than amduzzies but still fun. It's actually behind Brett Favre's Steakhouse.

And there is always Fuzzy Thurstons if you don't mind a short drive. Great place to talk with locals, and not as many young people here. And sometime you will even run into Fuzzy and he can show you his ring.

Hope this helps!

Key West
Level Contributor
13 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best sports bar in Green Bay for an away game

Thanks for the great options. Since we will be there for 2 nights and 3 days we will probably have time to check out many places. We love hometown bars wherever we go. Still not sure where we will watch the game, but at least we have some good possibilities now. Green Bay has no shortage of bars, that's for sure.

4. Re: Best sports bar in Green Bay for an away game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 23, 2012