We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip from Green Bay to Canada..any suggestions?

Fallbrook, CA
Level Contributor
8 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Road Trip from Green Bay to Canada..any suggestions?

I will be driving from Green Bay to the Upper Peninsula of MI into Canada. Does anyone have any suggestions of places to go? I will there in early to mid-October and will be taking the shoreline route with a not so patient Husband so too far off the highway will be questionable. I am a "Foodie" and "Culinary Explorer" but love to see and participate in local activities. I already have the Packer Hall of Fame and Lambeau Field on the schedule so if anyone can help, I would really appreciate it!

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
942 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip from Green Bay to Canada..any suggestions?

Where in Canada are you going? And what are your husband's interests? If we can suggest things that HE will like to do, it may help you get to do things that you want to do as well, right?

There's a lot of touristy stuff in Sault St. Marie on both sides of the border, if you're going that way, for example.

And the Lake Huron shore and islands in Canada are really beautiful and worth checking out, if you're going that way and the weather cooperates.

If you're driving up along the Lake Michigan shoreline all the way, there are plenty of places to check out. I just want to be sure which way you're going before I list every one of our favorite stops......

Fallbrook, CA
Level Contributor
8 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road Trip from Green Bay to Canada..any suggestions?

We will be driving through Sault Ste. Marie into Canada and will drive to a secluded cottage Northeast of the boarder. The only thing that would catch my husbands attention would be Vintage Arctic Cat snowmobiles, Vintage Jeeps and Ham Radio towers. He will already be in WI. when I get there since it is part of his sales territory and he will be anxious to get up to the family cottage and do nothing. We were contemplating the Agawa Canyon Fall Tour and some other things but we just don't know a lot about Wisconsin other than the obvious. He does enjoy a glass of wine and I found a winery in MI to stop at but I wanted local flavor and seasoned advice. It is safe to say we will be hugging the shoreline up to the Sault.

St.Ignace, Mi
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road Trip from Green Bay to Canada..any suggestions?

Hi, you can find a few places around St.Ignace, Mi on the east end of the U.P. and i hope the colors are still out for your trip. there is a place called B&L cafe or Bentley's as the locals call it home cook food good prices... no credit cards though.... things to do.....Mackinac Island...Mystery Spot west of St.Ignace on US-2 West you will pass it on the way in to town....The Sault Locks 50 miles north in Sault Ste. Marie, Mi then you can cross in to Canada

from there but have your passport or travel card or you can't get in to Canada.

St.Ignace, Mi
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road Trip from Green Bay to Canada..any suggestions?

HI again, vintage snowmobile museum in Naubinway, MI 45 miles west of St.Ignace, Mi you will go thru it on your way to the St.Ignace...also go on line and search Mackinac Island Chamber and St.Ignace Chamber they both have good web sites for things to do in Oct....if you can come in Sept. there is a semi truck show and a vintage farm tractor show....very cool and a blast to see all the restored trucks and old farm tractors...also the parade of lights accross the Mackinac Bridge is worth seeing at the end of the truck show.

September 17-19, 2010

15th Annual Richard Crane Memorial Big Rig Truck Show and Vendor Area

See these awesome semi-trucks with customized cabs, extraordinary paint/art work and neon light displays.

September 18

Mackinac Bridge "Parade of Lights" at dusk

September 17-19

Semi-Trucks on Display & Awards Ceremony

5. Re: Road Trip from Green Bay to Canada..any suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 24, 2011