We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

greenbay cabs?

Minneapolis Mn
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
greenbay cabs?

We are headed to Greenbay for the packer/ viking game in Nov. !! We are staying at the new "Aloft" hotel and want to hit the town the night before the game.Since this hotel is several miles from the stadium I wonder how the cab situation in Greenbay is for getting home from the bars and to the game on game day?

Thanks

Marv

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
249 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: greenbay cabs?

Go to the aloft hotel website for the Green Bay property, then to Area, and Transportation Options. The hotel says they have a complimentary 24 hour shuttle for anywhere in a 10 mile radius. Follow this link to see what I am referencing: starwoodhotels.com/alofthotels/… This would likely work for getting to the Lambeau area and bars before the game, and likely for getting home as well. If you want to bar hop between Lambeau and downtown, you would likely need to investigate cabs further. There are a lot of bars within walking distance of Lambeau, so a trip downtown would not be required to experience the nightlife. We are staying at this property in just over 1 week, so I will let you know what I find out about the shuttle.

Minneapolis Mn
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: greenbay cabs?

Thanks! I would love to hear your opinion of the hotel and of the shuttle options. I have a well seasoned traveler friend who has stayed at this chain in Canada and had good things to say about it. The Aloft is a scaled back version of the "W" hotels and they are amazing.

Let me know how you like it and any info on the cabs and or shuttle service.

Appreciate it!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: greenbay cabs?

You probably wouldn't want to go downtown here, anyway. Unless you're into clubbing or dealing with college kids, that is.

I haven't heard too much bad about aloft. Haven't heard too much good, either. It's just...in a really odd place.

Green Bay
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: greenbay cabs?

•Anduzzi’s Sports Club, 1992 Holmgren Way; (920) 965-1111

•The Bar on Holmgren Way, 2001 Holmgren Way; (920) 499-9989

•Brett Favre’s Steakhouse, 1004 Brett Favre Pass; (920) 499-6874

•Stadium View Sports Bar & Grill, 1963 Holmgren Way; (920) 498-1989

Those are the three most popular bars near Lambeau, and I have included the # for Favre's Steakhouse. The three bars are going to be the place to be the night before the game. Also, if it turns out the hotel does not offer shuttle service to pick you up from the bars, I would take the numbers to some cab companies with you, as it may be difficult to find cabbie's numbers at the bar...cabs are not widely used here.

5. Re: greenbay cabs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 14, 2010