We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any experience at the ALoft hotel

Madison, Wis.
Level Contributor
278 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Any experience at the ALoft hotel

It's a division of Starwood hotels - staying there one night in May.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any experience at the ALoft hotel

Nope, no experience there at all. It just recently opened up.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any experience at the ALoft hotel

I myself haven't, but some of the people I've talked to at work have, for the most part, had good things to say about the other hotels in the chain.

Madison, Wis.
Level Contributor
278 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any experience at the ALoft hotel

OK, I lived in green abay about 13-14 years ago, and haven't been back since... i'm curious as to what restaurants you would suggest - i see trip advisor has a mexican restaurant called Los Magueyes Mexican Cuisine that is highly recommended... also thinking of going back to Jacks for za.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any experience at the ALoft hotel

I like Los Magueyes. The food tastes decent, and they are extremely efficient with their service. I know a lot of ppl here in town like Los Banditos, but if you want Mexican with a little more authenticity, try Los Magueyes. El Azteca on the Mason St. frontage road (across from Wal Mart) isn't bad either, but you have to literally specify that you want the real deal, the authentic Mexican. Otherwise you get the Americanized version with the cheese and sour cream and all that.

There is a new(er) restaurant here on West Mason that serves up New York style pie. It's called Sgambatis. It is in the building behind the old Baskin Robbins ice cream place on Mason. Here is a link of their Locations page:

www.sgambatisnewyorkpizza.com/Locations.html

Their pie is good. Very good. But, if you still like the thin crust, Jakes isn't bad. I'm assuming you mean't Jakes on Main Street.

This link here would be one of the better ones for looking up restaurants in the area:

http://www.greenbay.com/visit_us/dining/

Any more questions, feel free to ask. :)

Madison, Wis.
Level Contributor
278 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any experience at the ALoft hotel

That's great. Thanks. yes think crust, but open to anything.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any experience at the ALoft hotel

Sorry for the delay. Been a little busy and haven't had a chance to check the forum. (I'm a bad DE, I know....)

Hmmh...thin crust pizza places....

Well, Macc mentioned Jake's. I've never been there *put it on her list of places to check out*. I have heard a lot of people say that it is good. There's also Frank and Pat's, which is still open. That's one of my favorite places to go for thin crust pizza.

7. Re: Any experience at the ALoft hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 am, October 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Green Bay