We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachlorette Party Ideas

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Bachlorette Party Ideas

I am from Chicago and planning a bachlorette party for mid-August in Green Bay. I am looking for some ideas for going out. We're a group of good looking girls in our late 20's and want something "hip" and "trendy" where we can dance and where there are plenty of nice/not stuck-up guys to play our bachlorette party games with!

I've heard of Hip Cats, Stir-Up Parlor, Top Hats, C*ck N' Bull, Cavern Club, Firehouse, Fox Harbor, Harry the Hipster and Sardine Can, but don't know much more about the crowds at these places and how nice the staff is...Can anyone fill me in! Are there covers at any of these places on Saturday nights?

USA
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachlorette Party Ideas

You might be better off going to Appleton, where the crowd is younger and yes, sadly, hipper. :) There are not really any decent dance clubs in Green Bay, maybe someone else will think of something, but I can't. The only good places I can think of to dance are gay bars. Seriously.

Hip Cats was perfectly cheesy for bachlorette parties, that would have been perfect, but it has been shut down...

Cavern Club is fun, but a serious meat market, but probably good for a bachlorette party thing, Top Hat is a martini bar...I like that place a lot, but it's not a dance bar. It's more of a lounge, sit back and chill place.

Most bars in Green Bay do not have covers.... the Appleton dance clubs usually do, but that's about it. That part will be a welcome change from Chicago.

Reconsider and go down to Appleton, it's more of a college town and you'll have more luck with people your age and dance clubs.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachlorette Party Ideas

I have to agree with Hoosier. The bars around here, as far as dance clubs go, generally...stink. (And this is coming from someone who doesn't go out a lot!) I would say go to Appleton. It's about half an hour, fourty five minutes from Green Bay, and I know of at least two bars there that are in downtown Appleton that I would consider more of your dance club. Mind you, the last time I went DOWN there and partied was five years ago...

Route 66 is one of the bars I was thinking of. Very much a dance club, and while it's slightly meat market-ish, it still has a great party atmosphere. And you know what? I'd be darned if I couldn't think of the name of the other one. There's, like, three or four different bars there (or at least there were the last time I was down there), as well as a pool hall. I don't recall either one of them charging a cover, but definitely be prepared to show your I.D. They I.D. EVERYONE (which isn't necessarily a bad thing...). The bars down there are all smoke free, if that makes a decision.

Hip Cats closed down? I thought Pi did. Pi isn't the type of place that I could see being a dance club, though. I do know Stir Ups is a country bar. Not sure how many people in Chicago would consider a country bar a hip, trendy dance club. XD

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachlorette Party Ideas

Thanks for your recommendations! The bride-to-be wanted Green Bay, so I guess I have to stick with that! Thanks though...you're comments helped!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bachlorette Party Ideas

If you're looking for Green Bay, the only place I can think of that would have a lot of guys, at least, would be the three bars near the stadium: The Bar, Anduzzi's, and Stadium View. There's also a few hotels there in walking distance, so if you guys decide to drink and don't want to get a DUI, you can just leave the car at the hotel and walk around. If you're going around the time of one of the pre-season games, though, the bars (and hotels) will be packed.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bachlorette Party Ideas

This question is really, really tough. I let it go before because I didn't have an answer. The part that makes it hard is this: Green Bay is a beer drinking blue collar city. And then you have the occasional rebel (like me) who adds Jack & Diet Cokes (or similar whiskey drinks) to the bloodstream. It is straight up drinkin'. Hip? Trendy? Those two words scared me.

Here is what I would do... I would probably hit 3-4 bars on Main Street. The Top Hat is a martini bar. It's small, and hip -and- trendy, but there is no dance floor and it's small. The drinks are around ten bucks a pop if I remember right. The C*ck and Bull is a decent place. They serve free pizza till 7PM, so it's free snacks until then. It's a younger crowd, but no dance floor. They have like hundreds of imported beers with a "club" for the avid imported beer drinker. Hip Cats is closed, so that's a no-go. The Cavern Club is like the new meat market. It's a smaller place, but it's wild. No, make that WiLD. Younger (and that includes late 20s to me...) ladies looking to have a lot of fun can definitely find it there. The last I heard they could still dance on the bar.

Then, I would head over on Broadway to the Sardine Can. The Sardine does not have a dance floor, but it does have the gimmick of the "sliding wall". As the night starts, the room is fairly narrow. As more people fill the room up, it slides over and makes the room wider. It's pretty clever. They do (or did) have the Saturday night vibrator races. Use your imagination here, but it's essentially a race track with several lanes, where they start at the top of an incline and go down under their own "power". The winner crosses the finish line first. Verrry interesting.

If you haven't had enough fun there, you could go over to Hanson Road and visit the Time Out and Sha Booms complex. There are really 5 bars there now, and they are all interconnected together with hallways inside. Time Out is a large sports bar. There is really no entertainment in here other than tvs unless it's Wed or Thurs karaoke. Sha Booms is a 50's through current dance club with the lighting system, lasers, everything. The next club over, and I can't think of the name of it, is more of a rock music club. There, they have a dance floor, and then cages up on top of risers where (alcohol-influenced) cage dancers show off their moves. That's a fun club. The next one over is behind the 3rd. It is a southern rock bar, and it's smaller with no dance floor. The last bar is actually outside, and it's on the east end of Time Out. It's like the party deck.

Anduzzi's is an option, as they do have the dance floor. It's a large bar that is packed on Packers game day. Stadium View is the same, but more of a sports bar.

Hopefully this helps out somewhat. Are you getting a limo? If you are, ask the limo service to do -their- homework on where the latest and greatest bars are. Maybe there's another out there that was missed.

Good Luck.

Green Bay
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bachlorette Party Ideas

I've grown up in Green Bay and although there may not be a lot of "trendy" bars here the people are very friendly and know how to have a good time.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Jimmy Seas.... especially in August. It's on the river and has an outside deck. On Saturday nights they usually have bands and a lot of people dancing. All ages go there. If Big Mouth is playing it will be a great party... they have a band schedule on their website.

The same person who owned Hip Cats now owns Sardine Can. He always has "popular" bars... Make sure to get a shot from across the room. No fancy drinks there but there is a patio outside and it's worth a stop.

Have fun!

Green Bay
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bachlorette Party Ideas

For the love of God, why did no one say Pie, that place is "hipper" than any other place, people need to expand their minds and actually think before posting.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bachlorette Party Ideas

I'm guessing because nobody knows much about Pi. You can only talk about the places you know.

On the subject of thinking before posting, maybe you ought to heed your own advice. You've offended a lot of open, honest people with some high-school-ish drivel that really has no place here.

I really hated to post that but it had to be said.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bachlorette Party Ideas

I agree with Macc. Your post, GreenBayBrewerFan was pretty....assinine, actually. And, it is very much against any type of Netiquette to post in a thread that's been inactive for a while. I'd say no new posts in three months is a sign of a dead thread.

Besides, if I'm not mistaken, (at the time this thread died) Pi was still Hip Cats, or in the process of being turned into Pi. (By the way? If you're going to suggest a place, I might try actually spelling the name right. Not spelling the name correctly gives people a hard time trying to find the place.)

Green Bay
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bachlorette Party Ideas

Hilarious, and it continues to be the only happening place in GB.