We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Julie's Park Cafe & Motel

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
121 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Julie's Park Cafe & Motel

I read the tripadvisor reviews that recommend Julie's Park Cafe & Motel and also noticed that it is AAA approved. When I went to the website, it showed many pictures, but none of the inside of the motel rooms. Can anyone tell me what they are like? Thanks!

Naperville, IL
Level Contributor
91 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Julie's Park Cafe & Motel

I can't tell you what the rooms are like, sorry, but we did eat dinner here last summer. The food was quite good and interesting. I would go back if that means anything. Nothing fancy at all. My only complaint were the flies in the restaurant. I noticed in August it seems to be a big problem for everyone, but it bordered on gross the day we were at Julie's. Did you try an image google search?

Illinois Area
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Julie's Park Cafe & Motel

The rooms are small, musty and really out-dated. The hotel is cheap for Door County, but I would spend the extra cash and stay elsewhere. The room is worth at most 25-35 bucks a night. Worse than Motel 6 and Red Roof Inn. I hated it there! The food at the restaurant is okay, but the salads taste like moldy dirt and the dressing like sour milk. They need to fix up this motel and the rooms to make the place better.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
121 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Julie's Park Cafe & Motel

Thanks for the info. on the rooms. I was somewhat suspicious when they had a website, but no indoor room pictures.

Gurnee, Illinois
Level Contributor
716 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Julie's Park Cafe & Motel

We checked out Julie's motel last summer, and reserved a room for Columbus Day weekend. The rooms were fairly basic, but seemed clean and well-kept. They showed us a 2-bedroom room (our first choice, but available that weekend) and another room with two beds.

We ended up having to cancel the reservation -- a family conflict came up -- so I can't comment on the in-room experience. I will say they were gracious and no-hassle as far as the cancellation. (Their stated policy is no charge if canceled 10 days or more in advance, which we were.)

We'd reserve with them again if we were looking for another long weekend.

5. Re: Julie's Park Cafe & Motel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 12, 2009