We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How crowded is Door County during fall festival

Palatine, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
How crowded is Door County during fall festival

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are going to Door County during what appears to be fall festival. How crowded will this be? I'm afraid that we will have to wait hours to go to Al Johnson's or dinner :(

Help!

Jenny

Mentioned in this post
Door County
Door County
Wisconsin
4 replies to this topic
chicago area
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How crowded is Door County during fall festival

You are going during Sister Bay Fall Fest not as crowded as Pumpkin Patch in Egg Harbor which rivals the 4th of July as one of the the busiest time of the year in Door County. It will be very busy in Sister Bay not quite as bad in other towns, but if you can go the next weekend it won't be as busy but I've noticed over the last few years more people are skipping the festival weekends which make the other weekends busy as well.

Mentioned in this post
Egg Harbor
Egg Harbor
Door County, WI
Door County
Door County
Wisconsin
Sister Bay
Sister Bay
Door County, WI
Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How crowded is Door County during fall festival

There are 5 weekends in October, the first 4 will be totally sold out. Oct 8/9 Egg Harbor will be packed, Oct 15/16 Sister Bay will be totally packed. Since you have posted in the Ephraim forum I am assuming you are staying there. Avoid the festival towns and you will avoid the masses, but keep in mind that regardless of festival location every room in the county will be booked, and these people all have to eat and drink somewhere.

Mentioned in this post
Egg Harbor
Egg Harbor
Door County, WI
Sister Bay
Sister Bay
Door County, WI
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How crowded is Door County during fall festival

It's not bad at all, Having a crowd is what makes these festivals fun. Imagin if door county had all these events and no one showed up. We're staying in ephram now and it perfectly in between the shops of fish creek and the festivals of sister bay

Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How crowded is Door County during fall festival

It's not bad at all, Having a crowd is what makes these festivals fun. Imagin if door county had all these events and no one showed up. We're staying in ephram now and it perfectly inbetween the shops of fish creek and the festivals of sister bay

Reply to: How crowded is Door County during fall festival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ephraim