We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts in Ephraim

chicago
1 post
Save Topic
Resorts in Ephraim

Am looking for a nice updated condo/resort facility to stay in for a couple of days this August. We will be coming by boat from Marinette and would like to stay at a place close to a marina. I came across a place called edgewater resort. It looks nice on the internet but I don't see too much discussion about this place! What do you think and any other suggestions?

Debbie

Chicago West Burbs
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts in Ephraim

We stayed at The Edgewater in Sept 2001 and loved it. They had just undergone renovations. We had a suite (I forgot which one) but the place was huge. Separate bedroom with whirlpool and large bathroom with double person shower. Kitchette with full size appliances. Old Post Office next door for breakfast was good. Nice location and nice people.

We went to Door County this past spring and stayed at Somerset Inn (for a change). It wasn't near the water so in your instance, staying at Edgewater would be the thing to do. When we drove by it this year, it still looked lovely. I don't think you would be disappointed.

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts in Ephraim

We stayed in a poolside one bedroom suite at the Edgewater in 2004. It was really nice. I think we paid $200/night (peak season, weekend). Next time I would try to get a second level room to not have kids running by my room all day...but if you have kids, poolside would be great.

Our suite was spacious and well decorated. It is apparent that it was remodeled within the last ten years or so. It had a full kitchen, fire place, jacuzzi tub and ample bathroom. TVs were both in the bedroom and living room.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts in Ephraim

We stayed in a suite at the Edgewater July 2003 for 4 nights. It was $225 a night, very nicely decorated, fireplace & jacuzzi, etc. This was a suite that had a lake view (which the reservations person really sold me on), but we found it to be very noisy at night, as the Edgewater is located right next to Hwy 42.

If I were going to stay here again, I would pick a less expensive room toward the back for quieter sleeping. Also, there was so much to do outside in Door County that we spent very little time in the room, so when we go back this August we decided to camp. Ephraim is a wonderful town to stay in, and yes, it's the least touristy of all the towns. Good luck & enjoy your stay!