We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eau Claire to Chicago?

Eau Claire...
6 posts
Save Topic
Eau Claire to Chicago?

What would the best way to do this be? I've settled on that I'm going to drive to Madison and take the Megabus from there to Chicago, but that's still more than $60 in gas.

5 replies to this topic
Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11,357 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eau Claire to Chicago?

What's to decide if you've settled on how you are going to do it? You might check the Madison forum if you are looking for a place to leave your car.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
249 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eau Claire to Chicago?

What about a bus service like Burlington Trailways/Greyhound? I'm seeing one way fares for $78 with no transfers and only taking a bit over 7 hours.

Check out greyhound.com or www.burlingtontrailways.com

Eau Claire...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eau Claire to Chicago?

I still am deciding how I'm going to get to Madison from Eau Claire, because I'd like to take public transit if possible. The gas is $24 each way, to and from Madison. Also, Greyhound is about $14 more than this method.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
955 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eau Claire to Chicago?

Have you posted on the Eau Claire Craigs List? You could also post on the Minneapolis and Madison ones, and see what comes up.

You can remain anonymous until you actually meet the person you will be riding with.......

Eau Claire...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Eau Claire to Chicago?

yeah, that's looking like my only option right now. greyhound is like $80 to madison, and jefferson is about the same I think. Rideshare looks like it might work though.

Reply to: Eau Claire to Chicago?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted