We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the prime rib buffet at Lake Lawn Resort

Naperville
Level Contributor
519 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
How is the prime rib buffet at Lake Lawn Resort

And what is the cost for a 10 year old?

5 replies to this topic
Naperville
Level Contributor
519 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the prime rib buffet at Lake Lawn Resort

Don't bother replying to this request. We tried to get in but couldn't because we didn't have reservation. WTF, a guest at a resort can't eat at their restaurant?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
524 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the prime rib buffet at Lake Lawn Resort

It is unfortunate that you didn't have a reservation and couldn't get seated. But I do think that it is a good sign that the restaurant was that crowded with diners and that they were all there for the prime rib buffet! It must be good.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the prime rib buffet at Lake Lawn Resort

I think they are getting better at Lakelawn. The prime rib buffet was good. My sister stays there 4-5 times a year and noticed definite improvement. Seems when they opened they had difficuly staffing with good customer service people but things are improving. In high season (may-sept) I think Lakelawn is a better choice then the Abbey or Grand Geneva. New ownership should be commended on a sincere effort to not only improve the food options but also the total resort.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How is the prime rib buffet at Lake Lawn Resort

Just to respond to the person from Naperville who was turned away from the bufet for not having a reservation. I certainly hope they sent a note to the dining room manager or the property manager. Not accomodating a hotel guest is poor business. Unless it was Mother's Day or New Years eve I think the employee who didn't accomodate you should find another job! I would think they could have told you they would work you in within 30 minutes or so. Staffing is so important.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How is the prime rib buffet at Lake Lawn Resort

We were turned away (many) months in advance & we had about 60 people! The day of they were more than willing to accommodate our group. It was too late & unfortunately ate elsewhere. $30 x 60 people is a lot of money. I do hope they did get better because we're going back in the summer.

Reply to: How is the prime rib buffet at Lake Lawn Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Delavan
More Delavan Topics