We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best campsite near Wissota Lake?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best campsite near Wissota Lake?

Hi everyone --

I'm trying to plan a weekend getaway with a large group of friends. We're all in our early twenties and like to be outdoors and go camping. We're planning on doing the Leine's tour, as well as a float trip through Loopy's Pub & Grill. I'd like to find a campground that is near the lake, but also has private camp sites. Can anyone direct me to the right place?

Here are the ones that have come up in a Google search so far: Eagle Ridge Campground, Fair Hill Campgrounds, Lake Wissota State Park, O’Neil Creek Campground, Pine Harbor Campground

2 replies to this topic
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best campsite near Wissota Lake?

I should add that I would prefer to stay on the west side of the lake.

Thanks!

Eau Claire
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best campsite near Wissota Lake?

You never said when your going so I hope this doesn't come too late, but I know I've stayed at O'Neil creek as a kid and they have tubing right there on the creek that goes through their campsite which was kind of fun...but again I was a kid so I don't know how it rates for an adult? And the campsites were always nice. Also, if you were to stay there then that puts you on the same side of the lake as the Edge Pub & Eatery which has pontoon rentals if that would be something that interests you? I know during the summer, a lot of people will take their boats to the island located across the lake over by the View. Hope this was helpful and that you all have a wonderful trip!

Reply to: Best campsite near Wissota Lake?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chippewa Falls
More Chippewa Falls Topics