We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

magic carpet lift at village?

Which Snowshoe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
alabama
1 post
Save Topic
magic carpet lift at village?

I am trying to make reservations for our upcoming trip to snowshoe and we have never been up there. My husband and I ski- but the first time for our boys (4 and 7). It sound as if silvercreek is what is pushed for younger kids due to the magic carpet lift and slope etc. However, I like the looks of the accomodations in the village. Is there a kid's ski school, magic carpet lift, kid friendly stuff in the village?

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,279 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: magic carpet lift at village?

Yes, yes, and yes.

Great kids school, magic carpet and lots of things for kids in the village. Split Rocks pool is a favorite. And there is a place called "Big Top" that has arcades, Euro-Bungy, pool, ping pong,

dancing on some nights.

The village area is great, but of course will be more crowded than Silver Creek.

We have stayed at Highland House and Alleghany Springs. Both

are VERY nice! Alleghany has its own outdoor heated pool. (open in winter!) and hot tub.

www.snowshowmtn.com

Virginia
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: magic carpet lift at village?

I think the top of the mountain at Snowshoe is GREAT for kids however there is not a magic carpet lift. Instead, there is the Skidder Lift that is very short and the instructors teach the little ones how to ride a lift before they are allowed to go down the mountain. The ski school is right by Highland House and easy to get to. My boys started skiing at ages 4 & 6 at Snowshoe and went straight in to ski school. They liked the ski school and put there time in for 2 yrs until they were good enough to ski with us. This year, they will be 9 & 11 and I am trying to figure out how we will keep up with them. The top of the mountain is great because they can go back to the rooms (very safe) and we can still ski and talk to them via 2-way radios.

The only drawback about the kids going to ski school at Snowshoe is that it can be very very cold on some days since it is at the top of the mountain. Just make sure you have plenty of good warm clothes for them so they have fun and are not freezing.

Allegheny is our choice of accommadations due to the private pool but Highland House, Rimfire, and Sceneca are all execellent for ski-in/ski-out and close to Split Rock Pools.

3. Re: magic carpet lift at village?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 26, 2009