We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody else stuck on the lifts 22 January?

Laurel, MD
Level Contributor
44 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Anybody else stuck on the lifts 22 January?

Anybody else stuck on the lifts 22 January when the power went out for almost 3 hours? All of Snowshoe was down for almost 3 hours and it took 60 plus minutes to get everybody off the lifts (or bused from the bottom). I would have expected more than a comp for a future days ticket. Maybe half my $$ refunded for the ticket I already bought. They are a big corporation and simply don't care, but there is power in numbers if I can find people who had the same experience.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody else stuck on the lifts 22 January?

Was it raining?

Laurel, MD
Level Contributor
44 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody else stuck on the lifts 22 January?

No. It was warm-ish, but actually not a bad ski day up until the stuck on the lift and the entire ski area shuts down part.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,505 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody else stuck on the lifts 22 January?

There was an Ice storm during the early morning hours.

Could that have caused it?

Laurel, MD
Level Contributor
44 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody else stuck on the lifts 22 January?

I wanted to write and report that I wrote snowshoe management. They replied by calling me and home and offering me 50% refund for the day the lifs closed for a couple hours (we were stuck on them). Honestly, I wasn't expecting that since at the resort all they would do is give me a free ticket for a return day and it's a long way away. Snowshoe in the past hasn't been known for their customer service, but looks like they are improving.

5. Re: Anybody else stuck on the lifts 22 January?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 29, 2010