We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Studio Rooms at Allegheny

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
31 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Good Studio Rooms at Allegheny

I read lots of posts on the forum and even though AS seems like the place to stay, I am also getting the feeling that I really need to request the "right" room there so that we won't end up being too far away from the locker room.

Having never been to Snowshoe before, we have no idea about the better rooms to ask for at AS. We only have 2 adults and will be staying in a Studio room at AS (not junior studio, but the larger studio with a full kitchen). So far from the posts I found out that room 125 is the best, but 125 is a one BR, so I don't think we would be able to request that. Can anyone tell me some good rooms to ask for at AS for a Studio room? Or any general description that I should include with my reservation to make sure that we are at the "right side" of AS for easy slope and locker room access?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Snowshoe
Snowshoe
West Virginia
virginia
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Studio Rooms at Allegheny

I really don't think you will mind being away from the locker room. Since there's just 2 of you without children to herd ,it shouldn't really be a problem. I like to leave some slip on shoes in the locker so I don't have to stamp thru the building with ski boots. As a matter of fact, if close to the locker there would be more traffic around your room and that could bother you. If you do want to be close, just ask reservations for a room nearer to locker room or at least in the same wing as the locker room. If I had a preferance in AS (I have stayed there several times) it would be for top floor unit for a quieter experience. Noisy snowmobiles can park outside some of the first floor units. Your studio should have a fireplace...nice.

Good luck.

Virginia
Level Contributor
394 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Studio Rooms at Allegheny

WE stayed on the first floor at AS two different times.

The one bedroom with full kitchen was very nice, the Studio is small. (We had two kids and two adults with the kitchentte) Lots of stuff and people in the small space.

AS is a great hotel type condo. It has the outdoor heated pool which is very nice. It is also close to everything so I liked it, BUT staying on the first floor was LOUD!!

Doors slamming all night and people walking the halls all night (it seemed) and yes loud snowmobiles and the groomers at night as well.

I would prefer a higher floor to be quiet. The locker room is right downstairs and is easy to get your stuff in and out.

When in the studio, we were across from a room by the pool. Noisy as heck. I wish you a great trip, but just be wary of wanting to be on the first floor. Maybe a second floor would be better?

Virginia
Level Contributor
280 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Studio Rooms at Allegheny

standardgirl,

125 is a nice room and is a 1 bedroom plus den(2 baths) with a door outside to the pool. This is much bigger than a 1 bedroom and much more expensive. I have stayed at AS many times and am pretty familiar with the layout. I would definitely request a room that is in the 20+. That means higher than 120, 220, 320, 420 due to skiing. Any of those #s put you on the slope side with lockers. With AS, only the first floor connects all the way around. The upper floors do not connect from village side to slopeside. This means if you are in say, 405, you have to take the elevator down to the 1st floor, and then walk all the way around to the stairs (hence the noise on the 1st floor) and then take the steps down to the lockers. The basement leveldoes not connect to the lockers even though they are on the same level.

The 1st floor is noisy BUT a choice for us due to having the door that opens on to the pool. Makes for easier lunch breaks when skiing and fun for kids. Another favorite choice (especially with no kids) is to take a room like 245 or 345 (simialr #s) so that you are right by the stairwell with easy access to the lockers.

A good friend stayed in one of the studios this past weekend (used VRBO instead of Snowshoe rentals) and said it was nicer for them than the 1 bedroom due to the open space. Also, keep in mind, that 4th floor rooms have vaulted ceilings. I think even #s are slope side and odd #s are pool side.

Hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Snowshoe
Snowshoe
West Virginia
Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
31 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Studio Rooms at Allegheny

Thank you so much, sksjones, for the details. We are booked in roome 232 right now. I believe this is a slopeside room (slope facing window). We asked for x23 (these are all studio roome), but were told that none of which is available. When we called 435 is also available (but I think this is pool facing? or am I wrong?). I like the 4th floor due to the high ceiling, but am also a bit worried about the possible long wait for the elevator, so we ended up in 232. Hopefully this is a good location, otherwise, I will call and have us rebook to 435. ;)

5. Re: Good Studio Rooms at Allegheny

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, October 18, 2009