We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Feburary conditions and lodging at Silvercreek

Baton Rouge
5 posts
Save Topic
Early Feburary conditions and lodging at Silvercreek

We are planning a trip to snowshoe, our second one, Feburary 2,2009 and we are staying at Silvercreek lodge. We would like to here how the weather conditions are for early Feburary, our first trip we went late Feburary. We are also interested in knowing the accomidations at Silvercreek lodge, we have reserved at one bedroom loft.

We are beginners and have heard that Silvercreek is one of the best places to be for beginners. Two adults and two children one 14 years and one 5 year old. We would love any information we can get.

virginia
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Feburary conditions and lodging at Silvercreek

Silvercreek is great for beginners. You can night ski and tube there as well. Easy 10 min shuttle to Snowshoe to experience what it has to offer. Hard to predict ski conditions but typically Feb is a great time.

Warner Robins...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Feburary conditions and lodging at Silvercreek

I think you will like the Silvercreek slopes - I don't know anything about the accomodations though. We go in Feb and are a mixed party from beginners to experts. We stay at Snowshoe but the beginners and intermediates take the shuttle over to Silvercreek for the first day or so to get their "ski legs". I'm always looking for ways to save a bit on the lift tickets - so I'll pass on to you the American Express deal. There is a coupon that if you use your American Express - you can buy one get one free on lift tickets - good for Mon-Fri. With $75 lift tickets, it really does save you quite a bit.

virginia
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Feburary conditions and lodging at Silvercreek

All units are individually owned but Snowshoe does rate the properties to keep an acceptable standard. There will be differences in units depending on the owner's personal standards. Snowshoe's website shows an example of a Silvercreek unit but not the specific unit you have rented. Look at some specific units at Sprucerealty.com and other management companies to see specific units. Won't help you know your unit but will give you a general feeling of what you've booked.

Silvercreek is not the mountains most luxurious lodging but luxury is not what everyone is seeking. I do know many people who really like the family friendliness of Silvercreek.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,873 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early Feburary conditions and lodging at Silvercreek

We have stayed at Silvercreek twice. Both times in two bedroom condos. Very nice, clean, modern furnishings. My kids loved the place. Indoor outdoor pool, activity room, glass elevators (big hit!, LOL)

Baton Rouge
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Early Feburary conditions and lodging at Silvercreek

Thanks to everyone who has responded with information. We think we have picked a good time and a good location to take the kids. Its really nice to be able to find the information we needed to make our vacation a memorable one. Once again thanks to all, hope to see some of ya'll up on the mountain.

Winston-Salem...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early Feburary conditions and lodging at Silvercreek

I would also highly suggest Silvercreek for beginners. Green slopes are wider and not as overskiied. Snowshoe is pretty bad for beginners because a lot of its green slopes are narrow and, this week-end (January 25th), overskiied and VERY icy. Also, I noticed that the beginning of many trail areas had pretty big bumps at the start for some reason (poor grooming). Snowshoe packs them in and it can get crazy on the slopes, so wear helmets!

7. Re: Early Feburary conditions and lodging at Silvercreek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, October 18, 2009