We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Powder Ridge Units? No AC

Which Snowshoe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saxonburg...
Level Contributor
236 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Powder Ridge Units? No AC

We will be attending a GNCC Race in Sept. I just made my reservation. The pkg. deals for this event are in the Powderidge units. I was told there is no AC. Being Sept, I am a little concerned about this. Anyone ever stay in these units & have any info to share with me? I wanted to be in the Village but the prices are almost double! Any other recomendations for a room? We are only going to be there 2 nts. There will be 6 of us.

Thanks!

Cathy

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,259 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Powder Ridge Units? No AC

since thats in the middle of Sept...the temps will be very pleasant that time of year. Chilly at night...and mild during the day. No need for AC that time of year. The units probably have ceiling fans..just run those....that should be enough to keep you comfortable.

Saxonburg...
Level Contributor
236 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Powder Ridge Units? No AC

Often Sept. can be a very hot month. I can't stand to be in a stuffy room. Does anyone know anything about all the different types of rooms available at Snowshoe?

Thanks,

Cathy

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,259 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Powder Ridge Units? No AC

I do know that all the condos in the village area..(except Mountain Lodge) all have AC.

If you check their website www.snowshoemtn.com..they might list the ones that are air conditioned. And of course you could call the lodging info desk and ask.

Also..check www.vrbo.com. There are a lot of condos at Snowshoe listed there...most have AC too.

You might get better rates.

Keep in mind...Snowshoe is on top of the mountain...temps usually run 10-20 degrees cooler than most other places in WVa.

Saxonburg...
Level Contributor
236 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Powder Ridge Units? No AC

Thanks beachlady3! I cancelled the reservation I made with the resort & found a condo on that vrbo site. So much cheaper! Staying in the Mountain Lodge which is what I wanted in the first place. No AC there either but I think I will survive!

Thanks for the info about vrbo lots of good prices & lots of actual pics of the unit you rent!

5. Re: Powder Ridge Units? No AC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, October 01, 2009