We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cedar Lakes Conference Center

Which Ripley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Havertown...
3 posts
Save Topic
Cedar Lakes Conference Center

I would like a review of the accommodations and food at the Cedar Lakes Conference Center. Thanks.

8 replies to this topic
Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cedar Lakes Conference Center

Myra....Have you looked at this link? No review, but information. Are you taking a group?

wvde.state.wv.us/cedarlakes/lodging.htm

Havertown...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cedar Lakes Conference Center

Thanks for the link. I am going on a trip organized by Road Scholar. There will be several craft classes offered during the week.

West Virginia
Level Contributor
20 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cedar Lakes Conference Center

Eh. The food is alright, but nothing to brag about. Bring some snacks :)

Havertown...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cedar Lakes Conference Center

Just got back from week long stay. The Hope Lodge is a motel type building. Room was clean and comfortable. We stayed in a handicap room and it was well equipped. The grounds are well cared for. It was like living in a park. The Road Scholar programming was top notch. Basketry, quilting, water color, bread making, wood carving, stained glass and dulcimer making. The food was just ok, but plentiful. I would go back again.

Edited: 7:48 pm, April 27, 2013
Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cedar Lakes Conference Center

Glad to hear you have a good time. For me, I can always survive the food if I enjoy the things I do!! Sounds like that for you too.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Cedar Lakes Conference Center

We love their food!! They cater several events for us every year!! I love cedar Lakes and can't until the Mountain State Arts and Craft Fair this July.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Cedar Lakes Conference Center

Hi Myra.

I currently live in SC, but was a Jackson county WV resident as a child. I remember going to camp there years ago. Our large group stayed in the bunkhouses, ate at the cafeteria area for meals, and used the swimming pool and volleyball areas as well as the theater areas outdoors.

As a grownup with family who returns to home to visit extended family, I love Cedar Lakes.

My family went about 4 years in a row during what they call winterfest . Near Thanksgiving and Christmas through sometime in January they have the entire property decorated with light displays, offer evening hayrides, and rooms at Holt Lodge are half price ($35.00) each.

We have rented one of their meeting buildings in the past for a cost of only $50.00, we had access to a refrigerator for food storage, electrical outlets for small cooking appliances for food prep, and there were two rooms full of tables. one room we put the foods in, setting up a buffet style dinner, the other we used as seating area for diners to gather after fixing their plates.

We got keys late im the evening, did prep work decorating and then in the morning we started food prep with everything cold that was stored in the fridge or dry goods and cans of foods using crock pots, electric skillets and coffee makers etcetera.

We hosted Thanksgiving dinner for all of our family from Great Grandma down through four generations with their significant others and children. Our dinner was great, we had a total of 72 in attendance.

During the winter months there are many birds, deer, rabbits and squirrels everywhere on the property.

We have also gone out to Cedar Lakes with just a reserved picnic shelter using their grills on the property and hosted hot dog dinners for our family in the summers. we prepare teas , kool aid, potato salad, baked beans, and hot dog fixins with chips. The family will play soft ball, fly Frisbees and just hang out most all day.

While this may not be what you asked about , and is after your stay rather than before, I hope this may bring you back again, and helps others decide to try Cedar Lakes.

We stay at super 8 when not at Cedar Lakes Holt Lodge. Even just for hotel stay purposes, Cedar Lakes is the place! The super 8 is good economical place and good too, but not as peaceful or serene.

I recommend a winterfest trip there for anyone looking for break from hustle and bustle.

I

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,172 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cedar Lakes Conference Center

Amanda this thread is 4 years old...but thanks for the info for future reference.

Reply to: Cedar Lakes Conference Center
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ripley