We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rehearsal dinner, Oct. 3

Which Lewisburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
beckley
4 posts
rehearsal dinner, Oct. 3

We are from Beckley and are planning a destination wedding in Lewisburg, Oct. 3rd.

Could anyone tell us what restaurant might be best for the rehearsal dinner on Oct. 2nd. We will be hosting around 44 people. Thanks!

VA
Level Contributor
71 posts
1. Re: rehearsal dinner, Oct. 3

Contact the General Lewis Inn. They may be able to do it in the main dining room.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
6,753 posts
58 reviews
2. Re: rehearsal dinner, Oct. 3

You might want to contact their Chamber of Commerce..or email...

http://www.lewisburg-wv.com/welcome.htm

Since you live so close, I would suggest just driving over one afternoon and look around..checking out the resturants in person. Ask the locals too.

beckley
4 posts
3. Re: rehearsal dinner, Oct. 3

Took your advice. We ate at The Tavern last Friday--good food, beautiful place. Tomorrow, we are eating at Blackwells.

beckley
4 posts
4. Re: rehearsal dinner, Oct. 3

The wedding party and guests are staying at the General Lewis Inn so we thought we would choose a different place for the rehearsal dinner. Thanks for the suggestion!!!

West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
1 review
5. Re: rehearsal dinner, Oct. 3

Don't forget Julians.

102 S Lafayette St, Lewisburg, WV 24901 (304) 645-4145

West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
1 review
6. Re: rehearsal dinner, Oct. 3

I've not heard of Blackwells.

Please tell us more after you have eaten there.

beckley
4 posts
7. Re: rehearsal dinner, Oct. 3

I believe that it is part of the Elk's Club.

Anyway, it is called Blackwell Country Club I think. Anyone can go. Super friendly staff.

I had trout. It was a bit salty but other than that, it was bursting with flavor. I loved it.

They have 2 exposed bookshelves and a folding screen which does not contribute to the ambience. Other than that, the room is very nice.

8. Re: rehearsal dinner, Oct. 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 02, 2010