We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mexican restaurant

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
mexican restaurant

Looking for good mexican food in Charleston. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mexican restaurant

Whenever I am in Charleston I always make the trip down to Cross Lanes (about 13 miles west on I-64) to La Roca. We love the atmosphere and the food.

We also like Rio Grande in South Nitro but switched after La Roca opened.

If you can't leave Charleston, then I would choose Rio Grande there as well, which is fairly close the mall. Last time we ate there it was very good but my heart (and tastebuds) now belongs to La Roca!

ohio
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mexican restaurant

Thank you very much for your recommendations on Mexican food in Charleston. My husband will be in Charleston next week and when he travels he likes to have Mexican food at least one night for dinner. He will be thrilled with your suggestions. It's always nice to have a recommendation rather than trying to find something on your own. Thanks again.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mexican restaurant

Any idea where he will be staying?

Los Agaves in South Chareston is very good. Just off exit 56 on I 64. Less than five miles west of Charleston. They claim to have best margaritas. Haven't had chance yet to try one. Very popular. Always busy. Service is great. Very fast.

http://www.mapquest.com/?le=t&q=41530029+type%3Amqid&ICID=mq_localoneclick&flv=1&vs=&__aolrel=1291168587218

If staying out in area known as Southridge. New Mexican place out there. Not even sure what it's called yet. Up on hill next to Home Depot, Red Lobster and Olive Garden in former Smokey Bones building. Son has been there and was happy with it.

4. Re: mexican restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, May 30, 2011