We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3days in August

newcastle on tyne UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
3days in August

Greetings from the UK. My wife and I plan on staying in Charleston WV in early August whilst on a road trip from Chicago to Washington.

We would appreciate some advice on which area to stay in and any Hotels in these areas

Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3days in August

Is there a reason you want to go through Charleston? That is certainly not the most direct route. Going through the mountains would be more scenic and take about the same amount of time. Here are some of the Charleston hotels. Marriot...just across the street from the Town Center Mall, very nice. Embassy Suites...also just across the street from the mall...usually a visitor favorite. Holiday Inn Express...an older hotel but with great beds, staff, and a good free breakfast (& sometimes cheaper prices)...about a block from the mall. The Hampton Inn is also a couple of blocks away. I have stayed in all of these hotels and they're all fine, with Holiday Inn Express being the oldest and Embassy the most upscale, and the Hampton a little farther away from the mall.

If you want to see these on a map, go to google.com/maps. Type Charleston, WV in the search maps area. Click 3 times on the zoom button (the + sign by the little gold man at the top left of the map) and the mall and 3 of the hotels will show up. The Hampton is across the river to the left of HI Express.

2. Re: 3days in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 27, 2010