We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the slots

Which Charles Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
virginia
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
the slots

my hubby and i have never been there. but we are going for his 30th bday next week. i have noticed alot of complaints about payouts. anyone been recently that can tell me if they have loosened up a bit on the payouts? we are only 2 hours away but i dont want to waste an entire day and possibly 500 bucks for nothing. he really wants to go for his bday. i just hope its not a waste of time.

Maryland
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the slots

Go for the drive anyway. When you get there walk around to see how the machines are playing. But go in the late afternoon or evening hours. Mornings would not be representative because there are far less people there. Then again it's much quieter during morning hours. If you decide not to play then there are many other good, non gambling, attractions in the area.

Honestly I believe that they did not lower the payout percentage. To do that would involve changing the chips that randomize the payout combination. It's expensive and time consuming to change chips in 5000 machines. I am beginning to think that because they have so many machines it appears the percentage has dropped. Yet the newer machines appear to have a definite lower payout rate.

Charles Town,West...
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: the slots

hummm can't be a waste of time as long as you're having fun....right?

Maryland
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the slots

As a follow up to my earlier post: I went with a friend a couple of days ago. Something must have changed because I noticed people actually winning. My friend walked out with substantially more than he walked in with. I spoke to a couple of attendants who unofficially said things are getting better. Next time I go I'll bring some cash.

4. Re: the slots

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:31 am, November 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Charles Town
Recent Conversations