We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car on Harper Road

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Enterprise Rent-A-Car on Harper Road

I broke down in Beckley on a Saturday. Unfortunately, the ONLY car rental open on Sunday is Enterprise. Don't get me wrong, I have rented from Enterprise before and had a great experience. Not this time! First off, let me tell everybody that just uses a debit card and doesn't WANT a major credit card that you are out of luck renting from most any agency using your debit card if you are from out of state. That was my mistake and I will own up to it. To their credit, they did let me use my debit card, but ONLY after trying to make me feel like a criminal. When my friends and I checked into a hotel, I immediately made my reservation online so that I would be assured of getting a car. Enterprise says "we're the company that picks you up". What they don't say at this branch is how long it will take. They are only open from 1:00 PM until 4:00 PM on Sunday's. At exactly 1:00 PM, I called the office and told them that I needed to be picked up and they said that they would send someone right out. By 1:45 PM, the person still had not arrived so I again called the office. They told me that they sent him out about 15 minutes ago and he should be there soon. I called when they opened so they would send someone out quickly because we still had five hours to get to our final destination. Why wait 30 minutes before sending someone out? When he got there, I found out that the office did not give him an EZPass to use on the WV Turnpike so he had to take back roads to get to me. We finally arrived at the office and because I was using a debit card, the process took over 30 minutes because I had to use my smartphone to login to my bank and show that I was getting regular deposits from my employer. We finally got through that and they agreed to take my debit card, and then there were more problems. I rented a standard car (Chrysler 200 or equivlent is what they said online) and what I got was a Nissan Sentra. The person at the counter argued with me that the Sentra was a standard car. After calling corporate, I found out that they classify that as an intermediate car but I was charged the rate for a standard car. The car was FILTHY on the outside and the windshield was so soap smuged that I couldn't hardly see out of it. I had to use the washers on the car in order to see. There were so many issues that I called corporate when I got home and they are going to have a higher up call me to see what can be done. If this is how Enterprise is treating their customers now, I'll ride a bus before I do business with them again!

1. Re: Enterprise Rent-A-Car on Harper Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, August 03, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Beckley
Recent Conversations