We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night life beckley

12 posts
Night life beckley

any nice jazz lounges in the beckley area? We are not really club people but we wouldn't mind lounging at a jazz club or even a nice comedy club. Any suggestions?

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
153 reviews
1. Re: Night life beckley

No comedy clubs, but some restaurants and bars do have music on occasion. Dish Café, Calacino's, Fosters, and Dopra Zupa's are some that have music from time to time. Another venue...110 Marshall..is a neat lounge-like place with great live music most weekends. Let me know when you are coming and I'll try to see if anything is going on.

12 posts
2. Re: Night life beckley

Thank you very much! My trip is this weekend July 31 through Aug 3. Anniversary on the 2

Any Beach
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
153 reviews
3. Re: Night life beckley

Well, there is a big class reunion this weekend at a couple of the venues I mentioned above. But....The Dish Café is having some live jazz music on Saturday night. (not part of the reunion) So maybe dinner and music there. Good food! It is in Daniels, just outside of Beckley on Route 3. (this site is not up to day unfortunately) http://www.dishcafewv.com/about/

The weather is going to be just perfect this weekend! I recommend going to Grandview State Park and Little Beaver State Park. Both just off of I-64 East. Also go to the New River Gorge Bridge and to the Tourist Center and overlook there. Just off Rt. 19 North. (which is off of I-77)

For a another very nice dinner, head to The Char. Off Harper Rd. (Rt.3) Great steaks and (my fav) pork chops, and pasta. The nicest restaurant around!

If you do the massage you had asked about at Glade Springs, drive around there too. Gorgeous place! Maybe lunch or dinner at Bunkers or Glade Grille. Very nice hotel there if you want first-class accomodations! Plus you get to use all the very nice facilities. Pool, horse-back riding, bowling, golf, fishing, archery, hiking, fitness center, etc.

Hope you have a wonderful anniversary weekend!

Edited: 6:28 pm, July 30, 2015
Any Beach
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
153 reviews
4. Re: Night life beckley

oh...and don't forget all the advice given to you earlier here....;)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g58856-i1675-k8601…

and for a fun, whimsical afternoon or evening, maybe some mini-golf at Mt. State Golf. Very unique place!! Right on Harper Rd. (Rt. 3) Say Hi to Kevin!

http://www.mtstgolf.com/

Edited: 6:34 pm, July 30, 2015
12 posts
5. Re: Night life beckley

Wow!nice itenerary thank you. That's what I was looking for. I will check them all out.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
153 reviews
6. Re: Night life beckley

You are welcome. I now see that the Mini-Golf place (also called Little Brick House) is having live jazz music tonight (Friday) starting at 7.

12 posts
7. Re: Night life beckley

Thanks again. Hey what about historical places maybe where we can hike and see old houses, waterfalls you know nature lol. We are from florida so we see plenty of beaches but mountains and waterfalls fascinate us we love Cades cove in Tennessee. Anything comparable?

Any Beach
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
153 reviews
8. Re: Night life beckley

pocahontascountywv.com/falls_of_hills_creek.…

This is one of my favorite trails.....

newriverwv.com/Recreation_Hiking_Trails_Long…

Grandview and Little Beaver St. Parks mentioned above have trails.

Edited: 2:43 pm, July 31, 2015
12 posts
9. Re: Night life beckley

Thanks again I'm done now lol. If you are ever in Florida I'm your man

10. Re: Night life beckley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 07, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Beckley
Recent Conversations