We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Places to Stay

Which Yakima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Places to Stay

Hi!

We're planning a weekend away from Sea in June. I've never been to the Yakima area. We're planning on going to the Rattlesnake Hills area for wine tasting. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to stay? Looking at the map, thought we would start back towards Gilbert Cellars area...something easily accessible to 12 but not close enough that we would hear the traffic. Again, I've never been anywhere near here so don't know what to expect. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
529 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Places to Stay

I was in Yakima a week and a half ago. I drove home over highway 12 / White Pass / highway 123 and past Mount Rainier. That was a gorgeous drive. I highly recommend it.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,034 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Places to Stay

What type of accommodations are you looking for? There are several chain motels, some B & Bs, but overall the Yakima area features some very basic, but pleasant accommodations, though nothing fancy.

I like to stay at the Oxford Suites, it is located just off 12, but overlooking the Yakima River, traffic noise is not an issue if you face the river. I like the location because you are right on the Yakima Valley trail, so I can get my morning run in. Also, includes free breakfast, though again, nothing fancy. I have also stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, again very pleasant, newish, comfortable, quiet, in downtown, which, isn't necessarily an advantage, as there isn't much in downtown Yakima.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
3. Re: Places to Stay

We're definitely not looking for anything fancy. Just nice and comfortable. These are great suggestions, thank you!

4. Re: Places to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:28 am, November 24, 2010