We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why travel to Wenatchee

South Pasadena...
1 post
Save Topic
Why travel to Wenatchee

My wife has selected Wenatchee as a destination for short 3 day vacation. I know nothing about Wenatchee. Is there something special about it? When is the best time to visit? We need to get away from LA and are open to suggestions. Any help?

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why travel to Wenatchee

Knowing nothing about your travel history, or when the trip is, or criteria your wife used, it's a bit hard to answer. With all of the things to see in this region I, too, might ask, Why Wenatchee.

However, you'll have a 3 day fun vacation in a very interesting, attractive and geologically diverse area. If the trip is coming up, the weather is very good (quite warm and dry); the landscape - mountains to rolling plains - is, IMO, fascinating and lovely, Rocky Reach dam is interesting; Ohme Gardens; and much more. And no smog. :)

Perhaps you have looked at this website...

http://www.wenatcheevalley.org/

Edited: 11:58 pm, August 25, 2010
Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why travel to Wenatchee

Consider a ride up Lake Chelan on the Lady of the Lake. 50 or so miles north of Wenatchee

Leavenworth is an interesting bavaraian style town, bit touristy, but I kind of like it. 20 miles from Wenatchee

A popular TV show was filmed in Roslyn about Alaska

Several hiking opportunities into Wenatchee National Forest. Up Icicle Creek near Leavenworth one example.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why travel to Wenatchee

Ohme Gardens

Winery tours

Rocky Reach dam

Day trip to Chelan

Day trip to Leavenworth

Apple orchards

Boating on the Columbia

Day trip to Grand Coulee Dam

Day trip to Winthrop

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why travel to Wenatchee

If you Google the place names provided, you'll see why that area is so interesting to so many of us. I could not remember the funny TV show Phirl mentioned, had to look it up, it's Northern Exposure.

examiner.com/travel-in-seattle/roslyn-washin…

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why travel to Wenatchee

What type of accommodations do you like? Budget? There are some terrific places in the area, though not in Wenatchee, which is mainly chain-type hotels.

My preference would be to stay near, but not in Wenatchee.

The Lake Chelan area is becoming one of the hottest wine growing regions in the state.

Edited: 12:14 pm, August 26, 2010
Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why travel to Wenatchee

Northern Exposure Thanks Voyaging. I kept thinking north to Alaska and knew that was wrong.

My work took me to Roslyn several times. I watched Northern Exposure a few times. You can sure see Roslyn in the show. Any NE fan would enjoy visit to Roslyn.

maybe you should add a day or two to trip with all these ideas.

7. Re: Why travel to Wenatchee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:59 am, February 23, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Wenatchee