We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Sea-Tac to Tacoma

Belmont
Level Contributor
87 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Sea-Tac to Tacoma

My husband and I are trying to find the cheapest way to get from Sea-Tac to the Enterprise Car Rental place on St.Ann's in Tacoma.

Has anyone used Shuttle Express from the airport?

Mentioned in this post
Tacoma
Tacoma
Washington
Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Sea-Tac to Tacoma

My sister uses this company when I can't drive her to the airport and it's very reliable and reputable. I see their vans on the Interstate 5 highway frequently and they are always clean and well maintained. But they are not cheap. However, you will be able to get to your destination without alot of effort.

Why are you going all the way to THAT Enterprise rental agency? It's about a 30-40 minute drive if it's not rush hour. It would be less costly for you to rent at or near the airport.

Or, where is your final distination and maybe I can better help direct you?

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
217 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Sea-Tac to Tacoma

Shuttle Express is a locally-owned reputable company and will provide good service, which is shared with other passengers, so you may have a long trip if you are the last person dropped off. (This happened to me once.) Get prices online. Other option is to take a bus from Sound Transit, the regional transit agency and transfer to either a Pierce Transit bus in Tacoma or to a taxi to your final destination. Sound Transit & Pierce Transit post all of their fare structures and schedules online, which tend to get minor revisions every 3 or 4 months and major overhauls every 2 or 3 years, depending on voters and county budgets, so check online for reliable info. Local bus service in Tacoma is terrible - not frequent and with poor coverage, and they tend to run on-time to 15 minutes late, which can make transfers from one bus route to another maddening. Taxi fare is set by city and county government, so any taxi company you use will be metered at the same price. You can call any of them for an approximate price. It is advisable to print out directions to your destination to ensure your driver knows where to go.

I agree with previous poster, probably cheaper and simpler to rent the car directly from the airport location.

Mentioned in this post
Tacoma
Tacoma
Washington
3. Re: Getting from Sea-Tac to Tacoma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, June 16, 2016