We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheelchair/Scooter Rental

Baltimore, Maryland
2 posts
Save Topic
Wheelchair/Scooter Rental

My family visited Seattle about 10yrs ago and I fell in love with the area. It is Heaven compared to Baltimore, MD where I live. We visited all the attractions on our itinerary but one that I really wanted to check out, the Glass Museum in Tacoma. We will be back in August and mom suggested we stay in the Tacoma area this time. This is a blessing in disguise for me; the Glass Museum!!! But, mom's older and cannot walk long distances or stay on her feet for extended periods. Does anyone know where I can rent a wheelchair or scooter for my mother to use for 1 day so we can visit the Glass Museum? She tells me it is o'k to go without her but I hate the thought of leaving her behind in the hotel room. I tried finding a Company in the Tacoma area on the web but no luck. Please get me to the Glass Museum this time around. Any help with finding a 1 day wheelchair rental for mom will be truely appreciated.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
862 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wheelchair/Scooter Rental

this place rents:

americanmedicalrental.com/services.html

and this place says it does too:

affordablemedsupplystore.com

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wheelchair/Scooter Rental

If you're a glass fanatic, you might want to go to the Chihuly museum now at Seattle Center. Also new in the area of Tacoma is the LeMay auto collection. The Tacoma art museum across the bridge from the glass museum usually has good stuff going on, and some chihulys in their collection. Don't forget to go to the gallery next to the museum of glass. Lots of artist featured in the museum have works there, so it is sort of a museum with price tags.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wheelchair/Scooter Rental

Welcome to TA, mobotzero.

Wheelchairs are available for loan - for free! - at the Tacoma Glass museum. Just ask when you arrive at the admissions desk. Does your mom have a disabled parking tag? If so, you can park in a disabled spot, take the elevator, and minimal walking. If not, drop her off and pick up the wheelchair, and send another member of your group to park.

As an fyi, many facilities - from museums to shopping malls to Costco - will have wheelchairs available for those needing assistance - just ask or check the website before visiting.

Edited: 10:42 pm, June 23, 2014
4. Re: Wheelchair/Scooter Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 25, 2015