We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight between Seattle and Spokane

Italy
Level Contributor
602 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Overnight between Seattle and Spokane

In which place between Seattle and Spokane (closer to Spokane) do you recommend staying overnight? We would like to find some inexpensive self catering apartment or cabin accommodation. Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,012 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight between Seattle and Spokane

How many nights? If just one night, would a motel do that provides small refrigerators and microwaves?

This is a one night trip (for us, you might be exploring en route to GNP). Where you stay depends on the time you begin driving to GNP from Seattle.

Edited: 8:20 pm, March 10, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,916 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight between Seattle and Spokane

its less than 5 hrs driving to Spokane. The middle of the state is mostly wheatfields without a lot of big cities. A little more info would be helpful.

Mentioned in this post
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
3. Re: Overnight between Seattle and Spokane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:46 pm, March 16, 2013
western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight between Seattle and Spokane

Moses Lake has some decent hotels. I also do not see the need to atop unless you want to. Perhaps you'd like to take in the waters at Soap Lake, for example, or stay a night in Leavenworth and eat Bavarian-inspired food.

Mentioned in this post
Leavenworth
Leavenworth
Washington
Bavarian Lodge
Bavarian Lodge
2,196 Reviews
Leavenworth, WA
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight between Seattle and Spokane

As david said it's less then 5 hours from Seattle to Spokane no need to stay anywhere in between unless you have a good reason to.

And yes more info would be helpful.

What are your objectives and that kind of thing.

Collie

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
Italy
Level Contributor
602 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight between Seattle and Spokane

Thank you everyone. We will be flying to Seattle from Italy and getting there at around 4 pm. I hope a couple of hours should be enough to clear the customs and pick up the rented car. The plan is to start driving that same evening towards Glacier NP but we probably would not get up to Spokane because the drive is relatively long and besides I could not find any suitable cheap accommodation in Spokane. So we were thinking of stopping in some smaller town on the way where I hope to book in advance a self catering unit for 1 night (a cabin or an apartment). I am searching among the private advertisements on airbnb, VRBO.

In case I do not book anything from Italy, are there many motels along that road?

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
Italy
Level Contributor
602 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Overnight between Seattle and Spokane

The trip will be in August

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,012 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Overnight between Seattle and Spokane

Unsure what "suitable" means, but the classic cheap mass market motel is Motel 6. Check their website.

Small towns have small motels; you might find one by selecting a town along I-90 and Google (town name, lodging) and see what comes up.

Also, for a specific town along I-90, check the TA Forum for that town, then select Lodging, in the left hand column.

Would you tell us how much per night is your maximum? If we know that, perhaps we can help more or at least advise you.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Overnight between Seattle and Spokane

There really isn't much between greater Seattle and Spokane. Ellensburg is the closest town of moderate size. I'd stop there.

Edited: 8:56 pm, March 11, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
Ellensburg
Ellensburg
Washington
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,012 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Overnight between Seattle and Spokane

I agree with the post, above, by ainwa. If you absolutely must go further, try motels in Ellensburg, about 2 hours from the airport. But, you'll miss nice scenery driving in the dark. When is this trip? If toward June, we have many daylight hours, dark coming toward 10:00 PM.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ellensburg%2C+wa%2C+lodging&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS453US453&aq=f&oq=ellensburg%2C+wa%2C+lodging&aqs=chrome.0.57j0l3j62l2.8479&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited: 9:01 pm, March 11, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Ellensburg
Ellensburg
Washington
Get answers to your questions about Spokane