We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kidneys

Which Spokane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kootenays, British...
Level Contributor
405 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Kidneys

We are heading to Spokane for St. Patrick's day. I wanted to make a steak and kidney pie for my friends. I've never seen kidney for sale in Spokane so I was hoping somebody could give me a tip where to find it.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kidneys

Cannot help, but if you find it, feel free to invite me!

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
Level Contributor
10,367 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kidneys

Redtrail, found some for you and you're right it's not easy to find.

Rosauers at 5mile carries it when not fresh they do have it frozen. The meat manager wanted to know when you would need it he's also ordering more today.

address...

1724 W Francis

phone...

325-3431

Collie

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
8,318 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kidneys

How is that for service!

Kootenays, British...
Level Contributor
405 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kidneys

Wow, I'm impressed! Thanks so much for your efforts. I'll give Rosauers a call. I hope they have some in for St,. Paddy's day.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kidneys

Paddy??? :)

Edited: 9:16 am, February 28, 2013
Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
Level Contributor
10,367 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kidneys

Redtrail, the meat manage was ordering some, I'll call and make sure. Managers name is Dave.

Voyaging, you really need to get out more, lol, that's how is often refereed to by the Irish.

Collie

Edited: 9:38 am, February 28, 2013
Green Valley...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kidneys

I was just kidding. Boston's my hometown, we know Irish! :)

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
18,687 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kidneys

Collie, you are so nice! I hope you were doing your grocery shopping at the same time you were attending to your TA duties!

Long ago and far away in another lifetime, my ex-husb and I were in London when he ordered Steak and Kidney pie in a pub. He tasted it and said, gee, this tastes kind of funny. I said, well, it's probably the kidneys. He said KIDNEYS!! This has kidneys in it??? I said what did you expect, it said steak and kidney pie on the menu. He said, yes I know, but I didn't think they would use real kidneys. In retrospect, this should have given me a clue as to how long the marriage would last....

Pam

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
Level Contributor
10,367 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kidneys

voyaging, I visited Boston a couple of years ago and really liked it, we had a fun time.

Pam, thanks and that's a funny story about the ex, funny he didn't go to the manager and demand that they put a disclaimer in there saying it was a real kidney from a cow.

That Rosauers store I seldom go to it's a bit of a ways from me. I just called different stores and meat markets and was eventually told about this one so called and yes they usually have them. Many of the stores said they could special order them but since it wasn't for me I kept looking.

Collie

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
18,687 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kidneys

I wondered if some of the meat markets would special order. The local Rosaurs actually has a lot of stuff in the back that you have to ask for so it doesn't surprise me that they have kidneys.

I am pretty sure I would have left the ex on the spot if he had tried to complain to a manager. I can still see the flabbergasted expression on his face!

Pam