We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls night out-- where to go??

Which Spokane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Girls night out-- where to go??

My 3 girlfriends and I (ages 26-30) are heading to Spokane to celebrate my birthday. We are staying one night, a Saturday, at the Davenport tower. We are hoping to avoid taxis and head around town on our own.

Is there anywhere you'd recommend for dancing? Somewhere that is fun but not trashy (no scrubby guys in white wife-beaters). We'd like to hop around, maybe start out with a happy hour, hit another place for a martini, then do some singing and dancing somewhere.

Would love some suggestions, thanks! :)

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
11. Re: Girls night out-- where to go??

I got this quote from spokanedivebars.com/main/…

"The Swamp is undoubtedly an upper-scale dive bar, but is is, without a doubt, A DIVE."

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Edited: 8:51 pm, January 08, 2012
ajspokane
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
12. Re: Girls night out-- where to go??

Not offended Ivan, The Swamp used to be my go to place on fridays and if you called The Swamp a dive bar out loud there would have been pretty heated disputes. The Swamp is a tavern, as in no alcohol but I wouldnt call it a dive. Maybe our definitions are different.

Whats the Marquis like, Ivan? I havent been there. Havent heard that many great things, but would be nice to get another perspective.

I like to dance at Irvs and The Spotlight. Love dancing with gay boys, they dont hump your leg or grind up on you they just want to dance. :)

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
100 reviews
13. Re: Girls night out-- where to go??

I went to the Swamp on Saturday night. Usually go there after golf in the summer when it is lively. Pretty quiet on Saturday and no live music. Faily clean t-shirts on the guys, but not a dance/dress up kinda place by anymeans. Good selection of beers as always. I do not think this is what the gorls were looking for.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
14. Re: Girls night out-- where to go??

Thanks K2.

AJ, I like Irv's and Spotlight also for the reasons you mentioned. Marquis is what you make of it really. If you're with a fun group you can have a great time.They have good D.J.'s and a packed dance floor but I prefer the upstairs to the downstairs. It's a bit more mellow and you can look down at the first floor. It does the job if you're looking for a more heterosexual, high energy dance club.

15. Re: Girls night out-- where to go??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 17, 2013