We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging over Labor Day- on way to Portland

Which Spokane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
204 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
lodging over Labor Day- on way to Portland

Hello- My husband & I will be on a road trip from MN over Labor Day heading to Portland to visit my niece who just moved there. Will probably drive to Billings, MT the first night and were thinking of Spokane for the next night.

Could you recommend a safe, clean place to stay? We don't need the extras of a pool, fitness center,etc. Hoping for a place around $100 if possible but the emphasis is on clean & safe.

Thank you for your help.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
Level Contributor
10,403 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lodging over Labor Day- on way to Portland

Pascal, one of the most recommended hotels is the Davenport hotel, it's a 4* or in some places it's a 5* you can often get a deal for less then $100.

www.thedavenporthotel.com

There is the Hotel Lusso

www.hotellusso.com

And the Montvale hotel

www.montvalehotel.com

There are lots of other hotels some nice ones for around $70 a night.

If the above ones don't work for you post back and I'll send you more names.

Collie

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
204 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lodging over Labor Day- on way to Portland

Thanks for your help. We are staying at the Hampton Inn. Looking forward to visiting Spokane for the first time.

Any suggestions for a short hike near where we will be staying?

Thanks

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
Level Contributor
10,403 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lodging over Labor Day- on way to Portland

Pascal, almost in any direction you can go on a short hike. If it were me I'd go across the street and hike over there I think it would suit your needs just fine. Or if you're really into it go down to Riverfront park and hike the Centennial trail it's just beautifu,l that's the ultimate hiking trail.

www.spokanecentennialtrail.org

Collie

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lodging over Labor Day- on way to Portland

Riverfront Park nice, or Finch Arboredum, a 1/2 mile away. Or. hike a 1/2 mile straight north to indian Canyon Golf Course and the small restaurant there has great views and decent food

5. Re: lodging over Labor Day- on way to Portland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, October 10, 2012