We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Rainier Area Loding in Sept 2010

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
139 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Mt Rainier Area Loding in Sept 2010

We travel to Seattle at least once a year but this year I would like to find some nice place to stay around Mt Rainier for just one night. Does anyone have a recommendation? What things are there to do in that area if you are not a mountain climber??? :-) We've been there once but it was just for lunch in an old lodge... can't remember the name though.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,425 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt Rainier Area Loding in Sept 2010

The "old lodge" was probably Paradis Inn, which iis a lovely old historic lodge situated at Paradise which is, as the name suggests, one of the lovliest poaces around. You don't hav to be a mountain climber to enjoy the area; there are paved walking trails all around. Some are quite steep, but others folow a more level route.

http://www.mtrainierguestservices.com/

Thsi would be a good choice if you have only one night to spend. The rooms are very basic, but the public spaces are very nice, and you are right there, with full-on view of the mountain (unless it is clouded over, a rare event in September).

There is also an historic lodge (the National Park Inn) lower down the mountain at Longmire, and some cabins resorts outside the park entrance. Most of the cabins have a 2-night minimum, and don't offer the views that Paradise Inn does.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
139 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt Rainier Area Loding in Sept 2010

Yes, I believe it was the Paradise Lodge. That sounds familiar.

Thank you for the info... I will check into it.

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
4,470 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt Rainier Area Loding in Sept 2010

We drove down to Paradise last fall (after a long absence) and I was pleasantly surprised by the number of lodging options between Ashford and the entrance....that's in case you can't find lodging inside the park.

Mentioned in this post
Ashford
Ashford
Washington
4. Re: Mt Rainier Area Loding in Sept 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Spokane