We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in Spokane, seeking restauarant and other advice

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend in Spokane, seeking restauarant and other advice

I am heading to Spokane for college visits and would love ideas of mid-range to low cost places to eat. We are staying near the convention center. Any thing we should put on the list of things to do/see?

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,078 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Weekend in Spokane, seeking restauarant and other advice

We just got back. Didn't end up eating outside of our hotel much. Stayed at the Davenport and ate at the Palm Court and did room service. High marks to both though. Loved the area right there between the hotel and the River Park Mall area.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Weekend in Spokane, seeking restauarant and other advice

I really enjoy the "local" experience when going to another city. I reccomend Dick's Burgers on Division and 3rd, it is our local greasy spoon.

Our favorite fast food is Zip's and dont forget to try the famous tarter sauce when you are there.

Go check out Spokane Falls in Riverfront park which is right in the middle of DT Spokane. The Spokane Chiefs are playing hockey right now and perhaps you could catch a game at the arena which is right next to Riverfront park.

Manito park is another park to check out which is up on the south hill. The gardens there are gourgous!

Good luck and welcome to Spokane.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Weekend in Spokane, seeking restauarant and other advice

We are back with 800 miles on the odometer...and quite tired!

The Onion was about what I expected - pretty decent food, nothing to rave about, fun atmosphere. Clinkerdaggers for lunch was a great location but the food was not that great. One guest was served raw catfish, commmented that it was very chewy and asked me to try a bite to confirm that it was correct as she'd never had catfish, it was absolutely raw. My sandwich was a hot crab and honestly it tasted like the crab was a bit too old. Perkins actually surprised me with a good breakfast and good muffins to take back to the hotel to DD. And by golly chilis at the mall served up a great fajita salad one night when I was too tired to wait for a meal downtown. I take back what I said about chains!

Spokane was lovely but darn cold. Whew! Brr! We had a great time walking all around downtown and the park, and of course the college campuses. DD loved Whitworth, the friend we met up with in Spokane loved Gonzaga!

14. Re: Weekend in Spokane, seeking restauarant and other advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Spokane
Recent Conversations