We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What movies were filmed in Spokane?

Portland
5 posts
Save Topic
What movies were filmed in Spokane?

The following movies I know that were filmed there were:

Benny & Joon

Mozart and the Whale

Vision Quest

Home of the Brave

End Game

Any other movies that were filmed there that takes place there most of the time in the movie?

Detour sure didn't, nor The Contract, Lonely Hearts. I dunno about other Spokane movies that are listed on IMDB.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What movies were filmed in Spokane?

They just filmed a movie here in March with Christian Slater.

Couldnt tell ya the name of it though. I really dont watch TV or go to the movies.

(I just can think of 10,000 other things I'd rather do :-) )

Washington - the...
Level Contributor
333 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What movies were filmed in Spokane?

Why Would I Lie? (1980) with Treat Williams. I remember it being quite good.

I'm in Vision Quest - for a full 5 seconds in the cafeteria scene. Got paid $50 and got out of class for the day. That movie drove me crazy though, every time he gets on his bike to go home he heads a completely different direction.

Portland
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What movies were filmed in Spokane?

So they did film the movie while scvhool was in session. I was always wondering if they filmed it on the weekends or not or after school. Did they have to close part of the school during the filming? I know the students there got to be extras in it.

So what extra were you in the cafateras scene? What clothes did you have on? Were you sitting next to any of the main characters like Shute or near Louden?

Washington - the...
Level Contributor
333 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What movies were filmed in Spokane?

Hi,

It was kinda cool. You'll notice in the movie that the "high school" was actually made up of several high schools in town. The cafeteria scene was from Ferris. It was a lottery to be in it. You put your name in if you wanted to do it and they drew names. Then on filming day they had you bring 5 outfits and the costume lady picked which one you would wear. I walk past the actors talking - I actually don't remember what I was wearing (maybe a big pink sleeveless sweat shirt?). All I really remember is staring at cafeteria food for hours and making background noise. I do remember that we filmed in the fall and the crew were freezing - they were all wearing parka type coats and we were in regular clothes. They had to hurry because the cafeteria had to be open for regular lunch.

My memory is fuzzy on the other high schools used and for what scene - I think Shadle was used for the scene with the band and NC was used for the wrestling training scenes. LC was used for something, but can't remember what - probably the stairs in a hall scene.

Portland
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What movies were filmed in Spokane?

Wow. I thought they filmed it at Rogers High School. That's what IMDB said anyway and I recognized the outside of it too.

Washington - the...
Level Contributor
333 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What movies were filmed in Spokane?

I'm fairly sure Rogers was only used for the exterior shots.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
221 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What movies were filmed in Spokane?

A new movie that came out this year was partially filmed in Spokane called The Contract with John Cusack and Morgan Freeman.

Death Valley...
Level Contributor
259 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What movies were filmed in Spokane?

"Toys" with Robin Williams was filmed in Rosalia.

9. Re: What movies were filmed in Spokane?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Spokane