We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Marni re: Spokane vs Phoenix

Delaware
3 posts
Save Topic
Question for Marni re: Spokane vs Phoenix

Marn -

I have my choice of relocating from Delaware to either Spokane or Phoenix. Both I understand are similar as it relates to heat. No snow in Phoenix unless you go up North in the Winter from what I have read. How does Spokane compare to Phoenix?

Thanks,

Tara Leigh

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Marni re: Spokane vs Phoenix

Hi Tara. I have to say that you were mislead if you were told Phoenix is comparable to Spokane. Both are very nice. I have some friends who live in Phoenix and the temperature on Sunday when I talked to one of them was 113 degrees. Here in Spokane currently the temp today is 78 dregrees. Spokane has true 4 seasons of summer, fall winter spring, and that is one of the reasons I love it so much. Phoenix is also a much bigger place than Spokane. Phoenix is much Drier than Spokane. I have been to Delaware and to decide where to locate from there would be a tough call. Other than the humidity Spokane has much closer climate patterns to what you are used to. In the Summer we very rarely get to 100 degrees. Are standard is about 85-90 degrees in the summer. In the winter our temps drop quite a bit we get down to the low teens at times and have snow. The timg I like better about Spokane is there is so much beauty in the the Northwest. It is great for camping and going to lakes in the summer, and skiing and other winter sports in the winter. Spokane is very centrally located. We can drive to Idaho in a half hour, to Seattle in 4 hours to Portland Oregon in 5 hours. There is a lot to see and do here. Phoenix is more your bigger city liking. It is very nice, but too hot for my liking in the summer months. If you have any other questions about Spokane please feel free to ask. I do not have a lot of info on Phoenix as I have never actually been there just heard a lot from my friends.

Delaware
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Marni re: Spokane vs Phoenix

Marni:

Thanks for the reply. I made a quick trip to the Phoenix/Scottsdale area this past week. Beautiful indeed - but that much beauty is not worth the heat index! Spokane it is! Now, if I could just find a decent Accountant once I get there ;)

Tara Leigh

Spokane
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Marni re: Spokane vs Phoenix

Phoenix, much better choice if you DONT like winter. I personally like the idea of golfing and riding my motorcycle in winter as opposed to ice, wind, cold and snow.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
338 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Marni re: Spokane vs Phoenix

Having grown up in Spokane but with relatives in Phoenix, I can tell you the summer heat is MUCH worse in Phoenix. Yes, the winters in Spokane can occasionally be difficult (unusually cold this past year) but no worse than Delaware (I've been to Rehoboth in January and it can be pretty cold there too).