We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In line skating in May between Spokane and Coeur d'alene

Victoria, British...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
In line skating in May between Spokane and Coeur d'alene

My husband and I have always wanted to do an inline skating tour and it seems like this is the place. While I know that there are tour companies that offer tours we would rather save the money and organize it ourselves. Is this possible without a support vehicle? I had fantasies of parking the car for a few days and taking daypacks and staying in accomodations for a few nights but having never been to the area it is not clear to me if this is possible or if it is strictly day trips then back in a vehicle to overnight someplace. Any guidance on this topic would be MOST appreciated as I'm concerned I am being naive!! I have also been on the Coeur d'Alene site for info. Not sure if it makes a difference if we start in Spokane or Coeur d"alene, so any feedback on this would be helpful. Also not sure which trail is the best to take....I was thining the Centennial?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,156 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In line skating in May between Spokane and Coeur d'alene

Every fall there is a huge bike ride that follows the bike trail from Spokane To CDA. I have done it several times. Find the website for Tour de Lacs and you may find an old route to follow. Its about 40 miles just on the bike trail, but there are hotels in Post Falls that you could access easily. Once in CDA everything is pretty close to the trail so its very doable. Hope this helps,

David

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In line skating in May between Spokane and Coeur d'alene

Hi, have lived in Spokane now for a couple years, but lived most of my life in Coeurd'Alene, Idaho, my home town. The centenial trail is all paved and would be perfect to skate from Spokane to Coeurd'Alene or the other direction, it is beautiful. I would not leave my car overnight in the parking lots at either end but you could leave it all day I think. If you reply to this post I will do more research on your questions since I'm right here near the route. Let me know. KJ

3. Re: In line skating in May between Spokane and Coeur d'alene

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Spokane
Recent Conversations